Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Cannot figure out how to assign an Ignite Gallery to a particle

• mrand
    • Rocketeer

SOLVED Cannot figure out how to assign an Ignite Gallery to a particle

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • Even with the sample content and some help already I seem to be failing in understanding how the layouts and particles work. When I'm in Layout mode looking at the Castillo home layout, I'm trying to assign an Ignite module to the showcase position. Using a previous sample, I thought I understodd how it works, but now I'm getting an error message. I was fairly confident I understood it, but now I feel lost. I have since asigned the module to the showcase position, but that's not working.

When on the Castillo home page layout, I see the layout has a roksporocket list, tabs and other positions set. For the life of me I cannot figure out where those came from. I know they're on the module manager page, but when I looked on the left hand side where the particles are, but I don't see them there that I can drag into the layout. Even when I make a new module and assign it to a position it doesn't show up in the layout. Why? So confused.

I made a new Ignite gallery module and at one point I had it assigned to the showcase position. It didn't show up.

I feel like I'm very close to understanding it all.

www.montyrand.com/2016/2016/index.php
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Cannot figure out how to assign an Ignite Gallery to a particle

• Your ignite gallery is not assigned to any position currently. Even if you did assign it to "showcase" position - there is no "showcase" module position particle anywhere on the layout of the "Callisto - home" outline that you currently have assigned to your home page.

So, you need to drag a "module position" particle on to the layout in the "callisto - home" outline and call it what you wish in the particle's settings, then in module manager assign your ignite gallery to the position that you you just created.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • mrand
    • Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Cannot figure out how to assign an Ignite Gallery to a particle

• OK, I think I may have figured it out. Not sure how, but I did get a module to show up :)

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds