Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Simple instructions on installing custom fonts

• damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED Simple instructions on installing custom fonts

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • I've followed the instructions here to add my own font to the font picker:

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/fonts

I've created the webfont, I've created the fonts folder in custom and added the two fonts

I've gone into the yaml file and added
          hurme:
          400: 'gantry-theme://fonts/hurme/hurme_regular/hurme2_regular-webfont'
          700: 'gantry-theme://fonts/hurme/hurme_bold/hurme2_bold-webfont' 

I've even tried to add custom/ before fonts in case even though the instructions didn't say that

I've gone to the font picker and see the font, I select the font but everything is Times New Roman

I thought it could be the font created by Font Squirrel, so I tried another service. Is there something obvious I'm missing?
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Simple instructions on installing custom fonts

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Aha .. I'm assuming as I only put in secure that you didn't see the message.
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I did see your message. Please understand that MODS work in different timezones throughout the world and this may not match your own. Also, we don't work here all the time. Finally, I have hundreds of other members to answer too - we try to answer most topics within 48hrs, thank you for your patience.

I checked your site now and I can see that your font is working correctly (See screenshot) - did you clear browser and server cache?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Thanks for the reply and I wasn't complaing .. understand time zones and everyone is busy. Grateful of support.

But this isn't working for me. On many devices. And I'm even in a new office today and just checked on another machine and it's not working.

See screenshot.

But it's working for you. And that is very strange.
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• What browser are you using? When you add a font you need to add all the different fonts type files because some browsers use a different font file format to others - i.e. you need woff, ttf, svg, and eot for a local font.

Times roman will be the default used by your browser when it can't find the font file it needs for that font name.

I am using firefox btw for my screenshot.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by MrT.
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Chrome. And all fonts are included in the folder.
      I tried on Firefox now and it's still the same.

Do you know of why this could be the case. It baffles me that it works for you. But for 5 devices here across three users, it doesn't.
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Are you using a CDN? If so, disable it and clear it's cache. Are you using a proxy? Did you clear browser cache?

Regards, Mark.
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I've also had someone from London on mobile test, someone on Windows/Firefox in Czech Republic and someone in Sydney on Mac/Safari check - all seeing what I see.

The interesting thing is that you see something else and nobody else does.
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds