Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Latest Gantry (5.2.0) Update issue

• SOLVED Latest Gantry (5.2.0) Update issue

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • NOTE: I believe I have found the cause and solution. I will leave this post here for others who might encounter the same problem. I corrected it by going in the new section in Gantry 5.2 "Page Settings" - I then enabled the Body Class "gantry". This appears to have resomved the issue.

Help.... I have just updated my website with the latest gantry update. Since then my site has an issue I cannot solve.

The site uses slideshow blocks (Salient template). Since the update this no longer displays correctly. The background image is missing. The size of the images in the showcase blocks are incorrect.

Have others encountered this issue? How was it resolved?

(I have several sites built on Gantry 5 and all have been effected by this update in a simular way)

Site URL - dalgarnoinstitute.org.au

(PS: After further investigation it looks like the page width may be part of all of the issue. Could a styly have been changed in the process on updating gantry? Is there now a setting to set the page width I need to edit?)
    • Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Michael Wharton.
    • _____________________
      Mike Wharton
      Melbourne, Australia
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Latest Gantry (5.2.0) Update issue

• I just updated my local Salient to Gantry 5.2.0 and the layout didn't change at all from 5.1.6. Checking the Gantry 5.2 "Page Settings" -> Body Class "gantry" is still grayed out.

It would be nice to see one of you other sites before you update to 5.2.0
  • Re: SOLVED Latest Gantry (5.2.0) Update issue

• Hi DanG,

Now this is really baffling.... I returned to one of the sites I had to 'fix' and in which I found I had to enable the gantry class in the Page Settings to return the site to the correct width. I was going to disable it to show you what the site looked like proir to the 'fix'. When I went to the Page Settings I found the Body Class disabled already.

I wonder whether my 'enabling' it caused the site to fully refresh after the update to the 5.2.0?

Whatever, they are all ok now but they were all wrong before. I am confused.

(I use Watchful.li to update my sites and I did them all at once - on reflection, not a wise thing to do. I normally do one and check it before processing all the sites (80 plus))

Confused,

Mike
    • _____________________
      Mike Wharton
      Melbourne, Australia

• here is one I have not yet corrected... look at

presbyterian.org.au/

This is how it should look... pre-update...

presbyterian.org.au/new15/

Once you have looked at this let me know and I will 'enable' the class and show you the difference.

Mike
    • Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Michael Wharton.
    • _____________________
      Mike Wharton
      Melbourne, Australia
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• I'll be talking to the devs morning.

• OK. I will need to fix the site as it is a live one. I hope that is not a problem...
    • _____________________
      Mike Wharton
      Melbourne, Australia
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

• I believe it may be issue with default page settings; saving the new settings in base outline may have permanently fixed your issues. Looks like you're not alone with this issue; there are 2 other reports of similar layout changes.

Thanks for your detailed information, now I have an idea how to reproduce, maybe even fix the issue.
    • The following users have thanked you: Michael Wharton

• Gantry 5, enjoy!

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds