Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry5..How Do I Catch Up?Okj

• SOLVED Gantry5..How Do I Catch Up?Okj

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • OK, at the risk of being rocketed out of here... ;) I have been really slammed with web work this year, which is great... but I decided to use Calisto and of course, Gantry 5 and I feel like I have been asleep at the wheel. What would you recommend to a 5 or 6 year rockettheme user to catch up quickly and in a way that I can get my Calisto based site done soon.. ;)

Thanks all!
    • Jeremiah 29:11
      For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry5..How Do I Catch Up?Okj

• Hi Keith, don't worry a lot of members are initially daunted by Gantry 5 (especially ones more familiar with Gantry 4). I can also tell you after a short time using Gantry 5, most members find that the penny suddenly drops and that they then Love Gantry 5 and would never want to use anything else.

Ok, so what do I recommend? The first place to start is to read through the Gantry 5 documentation and watch the videos therein too http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5 . Next, and this might surprise you, I'd actually recommend that you start with one of the more recent templates (salient, requiem, kraken or Isotope) - Callisto was our first commercial Gantry 5 template and we were also learning at that stage and would (with hindsight) do things a little differently. We've listened to member feedback and have applied that learning every month as we release new templates. I think you'll find that the more recent templates are easier to understand - that's not to say that Callisto doesn't work, it absolutely does, I'm just suggesting that you will find the more recent templates easier.

Next read the specific template documentation that explains how everything is done on the home page.

Finally, load yourself a rocketlauncher copy of your chosen template and experiment with that.

If you need help, we're here in the forums to help, so please just raise a new topic (for each question) in the appropriate template forum and we'll be glad to assist you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry5..How Do I Catch Up?Okj

• Hi, I have been pressing into Gantry 5 - and assisted for sure by this forum and the outstanding tech support you and the team always provide. I am thorughly excited about Gantry 5 now. I am very excited that it is cross platform so I can begin using this when I am building Wordpress sites. I'll be purchasing the Wordpress membership as well shortly to go along with my Joomla membership.

Thank you... and although it may take the users some time to get in one accord with Gantry 5, I am sure that it is going to happen very soon. I appreciate all the hard work!
    • The following users have thanked you: MrT

• Jeremiah 29:11
      For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry5..How Do I Catch Up?Okj

• Thank you Keith for you kind words - we very much appreciate that. I will pass on your comments to our development team.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds