Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED main-bottom particle under the main content, alongside one sidebar

• Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED main-bottom particle under the main content, alongside one sidebar

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • It's possible to merge two particles (such as two sidebar particles) so to create a main-bottom particle (a module position with the same width of the page content particle) placed under the main content and alongside a only sidebar?
    • Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Riccardo.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED main-bottom particle under the main content, alongside one sidebar

• Yes, you need to load the correct layout preset to begin with. Use the "load" button and pick on of the multi-column layout (there are a few there). Instead of you trying to create your own sidebar with particle, in this way you will get separate sections to the sidebar and mainbody (left or right). Then you will be able to do what you want.

IMPORTANT: do heed the warning though when changing layout preset otherwise you might lose some of your content.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by MrT.
    • The following users have thanked you: Riccardo

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Thank you MrT for your answer. Unfortunately I went too far ahead with the web project in order to reconstruct a new layout from the beginning. I would lose too many hours to restore the module positions in the new template, without thinking to all sorts of problems the behind.

I think it's very hard a fixed template layout by beginning from a web project to decide and it would be desirable, in the future versions of Gantry, to find a way for change the layout with multicolumn solutions also in the middle of work.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You can load a new preset, if you leave the "keep existing particles" ticked then your particles will be preserved provided that the sections use in the current layout also exist on the new layout chosen. Try it you can always press the "undo" button if it's not what you want (provided you do not move off the layout tab). Most of your layout should just be module position particles anyway, so there shouldn't be an issue.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Riccardo

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Riccardo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I had this solution not seen. Meanwhile, I found a different solution. The change of the template, after the first preset, I'll do it another time.
    • Riccardo Rausch
      www.frontpageserver.it

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds