Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

duplicate particles?

• duplicate particles?

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • is it possible yet to duplicate/copy a particle? or move a copy (cut and paste) to another layout/theme of gantry5?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: duplicate particles?

• No it's not. But you really don't want to be doing it that way anyway. You should create you paticle once in a Gantry 5 module in module manager. Then you should assign that module to a position that exists one or more or yout outline layouts. In this way you can share thye same particle amongst many outlines.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: duplicate particles?

• i would like to load my site in layout xenon. How can i simply do this? I have a lot of particles (and a few modules), so i do not want to create them twice...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• If your layouts in the outlines consist mostly of module positions and your have created the particles inside Gantry 5 modules asssigned to those positions then you ar enot going to have much issue. If on the other hand you have just put particles directly onto each outline layout then there is no mechanism to transfer particle from one layout to another at present.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: duplicate particles?

• is it possible to open layout A in one tab of the browser firefox and open layout B in an other tab of firefox? so i could easily copy-paste all blocks...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You could copy/paste the settings but not the actual particle that way - and I don't think that will gain you much at all.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds