Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Create particle module: can't pick particle

• EPIC Web
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Create particle module: can't pick particle

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • Hi, all. My weekly whine.

I'm trying to create a flexslider particle module. Only want the flexslider on one page, my default, which I'm using throughout. When I click on "pick a particle" in the module manager editor (create new or edit exisiting module) it closes, locks the module, and tosses me back to my module manager display.

I have not found anything similar in the forum regarding this.

Joomla 3.4.8, most current Gantry 5 and Xenon template.

superuser creds in secure area

Thanks in advance.
    • Betty K.
      Barely competent webdrone, but willing to learn!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Create particle module: can't pick particle

• Hmm...in my Chrome browser I had no issues created a Gantry 5 Flexslider partilce in Shocase module position called "RT FlexSlider Test".
    • The following users have thanked you: EPIC Web

• EPIC Web
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks, Dan. Looks like a browser issue, eh? So, after you worked your magic, I tried in Chrome (my default browser) and got the same result as before. Clicking on "pick a particle" closed and locked the module. Tried Gantry 5 Particle module and the one I created. Cleared Joomla and browser cache. Same result. Then I tried Firefox and was able to pick a particle and edit same.

How can it work in Firefox but not Chrome for me but it works in Chrome for you? I thought it might be a pop-up blocker. Set my website to be allowed to use pop-ups. Still got the same result, thrown back to the module manager list of modules and the module I was editing was locked.

Where can I look now?
    • Betty K.
      Barely competent webdrone, but willing to learn!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• EPIC Web wrote:
      How can it work in Firefox but not Chrome for me but it works in Chrome for you? I thought it might be a pop-up blocker. Set my website to be allowed to use pop-ups. Still got the same result, thrown back to the module manager list of modules and the module I was editing was locked.

Where can I look now?

If you ever have an issue with your browser display but it looks fine on other people's computers then start your browser in a "Safe Mode":

"Incognito" - for Chrome
      "Private" - for FireFox
      "Safe Mode" - for IE11

What this does is turn all the users add-ons and custom browsers settings OFF and can help resolve a browser related issue.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds