Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Redirect Problems

• Redirect Problems

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • Every week I check the Joomla redirect component to see if there are any problems on my site www.adv.co.uk and these last few weeks I have suddenly seen a spike in diabled redirects that relate to Gantry - I have attached a screenshot where you can see there have been often over 40 '404 Hit' errors. I have applied all the recent Gantry updates in teh hope these woudl fix the problem but it still persists. Do you have any ideas where the problem lies?

TIA
    • Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by David B Anson.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Redirect Problems

• seems fine... Gantry dynamically compiles CSS and JS so the version numbers will often change
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Redirect Problems

• Thanks Matt. So why do you think I am getting so many 404 errors?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Redirect Problems

• Those typically aren't "real" or even "soft" 404 errors... they're system ones... Joomla requested a resource that, in this case, has changed slightly... They're all coming from one page near as I can tell on your screenshot... Do you have something dynamic on that page?

Google Webmaster Tools is what you'd want to use to see if you have any "real"/user 404 errors occurring
    • The following users have thanked you: David B Anson

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds