Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Custom icons

• SOLVED Custom icons

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • Hey guys,
      I wish to add a custom Icon to my font awesome pack (or replace an existing icon with my own icon). I can create an SVG or PNG icon.
      I have tried adding an image into the module but when the screen scales it becomes tiny.. while the other fontawesome icons are still big enough. (see two attached screenclips)
      Is this possible with gantry 5? I could not find a way to do that.

Thank you very much,
      Erez
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Erez Beatus.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Custom icons

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Custom icons

• Hey Mark, Thanks for the super fast reply :)
      My site is local so I have no access info unfortunately.. Any other way I can approach this?
      Thanks,
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Sorry, I have no idea until I can look at it. Whenever you post in the forum we will always ask for a link to your site. So it's iun your interests to get the site on the net (even if in offline mode and you supply login), otherwise we're going to find it very difficult to assist you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Ok Mark,
      Uploaded a live version - find access info in the secure section
      I would like to add scalable custom icons to the right (like the whale tail).

Lastly - When I try to add a module variation to a menu module it does not work.. I wasnted the menu on the right (on all pages except for the home) to have the Box1 class...

Thanks a lot
      Erez
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, I can't get into G5 admin area because your php memory_limit is too small at 64M - increase this to at least 128M (in php.ini or cPanel/Plesk). Also, you upload_max_filesize is too small at 2M please increase this to at least 16M.

Please also provide FTP details.

The way you have gone about that is wrong. It will be better to just add another social icon in the social plugin and then we can swap whatever fontawesome character that you choose with your whaletale image (please leave it there for now though so I can see the image path).

Regards, Mark.

• Thanks Mark,
      My host is useless - the sites keep crashing as they use too many resources so I am moving to a different one. I was told upload limit was increased to 256m... I guess they dropped it.
      I like the idea of swapping the icons... this is what I wanted to do originally... but could not find where the icons are stored...
      Any chance you could point me to the right direction?
      I have the icons in SVG and PNG
      Thanks
      Erez
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• So this is the CSS that would swap out the "plane" fontawesome icon with your whaletail. Obviously when you add the othe "social" icons use an icon that you are happy to swap out e.g. "cog" and chang ethe CSS accordingly. You'll need to adjust your image a little so there is no white space around the image and therefore it fill the character space up.
      .fa-plane:before {
          content: "_";
          background-image: url("/images/whales.png");
          background-size: 100% 100%;
          background-repeat: no-repeat;
          color: transparent;
      }

To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.

• Perfect :)
      Thank you very much.
      What about the Module variation question? Any advice?

Erez
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• "block variations" are not "module class suffix" - they will not work as a module class suffix. If you want to use a module class suffix then create your own and write the custom CSS to style it. The alternative is to use the "block variation" on the module position particle (on the layout) that you are publishing the module to.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds