Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Popup Grid Particle - Videos

• SOLVED Popup Grid Particle - Videos

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • Hi
      How can I include a Youtube video in the particle grid? Is it possible?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Popup Grid Particle - Videos

• You didn't say what template? Please post in the appropriate template forum rather than just "gantry framework".

I'm guessing Xenon template? The popupgrid particle is not designed to have that functionality so you would need to createa a particle override and alter the code to do that.

To learn how to override a particle in Gantry 5 please see our documentation here http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/overriding-particle-settings#overriding-particle-source-files .

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: JoeVasapollo

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Popup Grid Particle - Videos

• Ok. I've solved the problem taking a snapshot of the video and linking the image to YouTube.
      One more question.
      Can I use particles to have a youtube video directly on my page? Or do I still have to look for a joomla extension allowing me so?

yes, I'm using Xenon.
      Thanks Mr.T!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Popup Grid Particle - Videos

• 1. Particles can do whatever you want them to do if the code is written to do what you want.
      2. You can create your own particles = To learn how to create a particle in Gantry 5 please see our documentation here http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/advanced/creating-a-new-particle .
      3. You don't need to use extensions to show youtube videos. Youtube provide the code on their site for you to embed a youtube video anywhere on your page. You can put that code in a module, an article a customHTML particle, or anywhere else that you can put html code.

New questions = new topics now please to be fair to other members.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Popup Grid Particle - Videos

Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    • How did you include video in particle grid ? I want to display video thumbnail in grid.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Dinh Quang.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds