Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Changing layout of category blog (both featured and non-featured) elements

• Changing layout of category blog (both featured and non-featured) elements

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • I am not sure why I am not finding this, but I wish to change Gantry 5's default category blog layout. I wish to make the title and details (written/category/published/hits) appear next to the intro amage and not above.
      I have viewed and altered a series of different files and can't seem to find the right one. None I've changed give results.
      I would like to make the changes that won't be overwritten by updates.
      Also, can I make different category blog layouts that can be chosen from (e.g. some that are normal, some changed as above) and assign them to a menu item?
      I can't seem to get this to work in Gantry 5.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Changing layout of category blog (both featured and non-featured) elements

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • Ok, first of all it's not "Gantry 5's default blog layout" it's Joomla's. We do not do anything to standard Joomla blog layout in this template (or any other G5 template). So, you just need to consult Joomla's documentation to learn how to create layout overrides. You may also find this useful https://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/layout-overrides/ . If you need more help you should ask on joomla.org as it's just a standard Joomla process.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds