Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

random 5 digit string inserted to Gantry 5 backend page header

• random 5 digit string inserted to Gantry 5 backend page header

Posted 8 years 2 days ago
    • This is a very weird problem, I can not find out the cause:

On Joomla 3.5.1, I installed Gantry5, then installed RT Salient template, then I go to "Extensions -> Template Manager -> RT Salient default", and on the style settings page, there will show a 5 digit string on the top of that page, just below the top menu, on the left.

If I check the source code of that page, the random string is before the HTML tag "<!DOCTYPE html>", that is to say, the random string is at the very beginning of the source code!

I thougt that was a template related problem, then I installed Hydrogen template for test. The same problem happened.

Howevr, on other template settings page, this problem does NOT exist.

The most weird part is: I made a full backup of that website and then restore the backup on my XAMPP localhost testing server, it works fine, the random string does NOT appear.

Maybe this is a problem only related to that server, but I want to know the exact reason.

So please help me to find out the cause.

Attached is the screenshot to show two points:

1. left arrow: the 5-digit random string, if you quit template manager and enter again, that string will change, but refreshing will not change it.

2. right arrow: if you click on "Page Settings" , it will not open, just wating ....

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I had provided Super User account in the Secure tab. Please help me.

Thank you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: random 5 digit string inserted to Gantry 5 backend page header

• Something is outputting that (either server or a php program). It coul dbe one of your third-party extensions but I think it's more likely to be something on your server... those are not the only characters being written, there are others before the closing body tag too. As you say a backup of the site to local does not do this I think you need to ask you hosting company for assistance. I don't think this is anything to do with Gantry or any RT products.

Perhaps you're using a CDN (of you are turn it off and clear its' cache). Turn off other forms of caching on your server (APC, opchache etc etc) too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: random 5 digit string inserted to Gantry 5 backend page header

• Why this ONLY happens on Gantry5 template? All other templates, including default Protostar, or JA template I installed on the same Joomla website do not have this issue.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I've no idea, but you yourself said it does not do that if you backup and copy to local, so that implies to me it must be hosting related?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: random 5 digit string inserted to Gantry 5 backend page header

• Thank you. I will try to contact the hosting provider.

It seems like some kind of CPTCHA? 5 digit, random, alpha-numerical combination.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No I don't think it's anything to do with Captcha. Please let us know the outcome.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds