Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry drop-down menu links hidden. :(

• Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

Gantry drop-down menu links hidden. :(

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • I would appreciate any assistance in diagnosing what is blocking the drop-down menu from being displayed. This was working properly but I did some styling for some other portions of the page which I have removed but it's still not working. This is a development site so I have put it online to be viewed as I'm stumped.

https://divorcetoolbox.net/

Thanks.

Luke
    • Just another old hacker!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Gantry drop-down menu links hidden. :(

• Luke Douglas wrote:
      I would appreciate any assistance in diagnosing what is blocking the drop-down menu from being displayed. This was working properly but I did some styling for some other portions of the page which I have removed but it's still not working. This is a development site so I have put it online to be viewed as I'm stumped.

https://divorcetoolbox.net/

Thanks.

Luke

I can force your dropdowns to appear with CSS so this suspects me to believe the menu JS is failing somewheres. In my Chrome Console I see many errors on your site. Also is has validating issues " https://validator.w3.org/nu/?showsource=yes&doc=https%3A%2F%2Fdivorcetoolbox.net%2F#l1166c48 ".
    • Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

• DanG,

Thanks. You are correct on the validation. Some of those I have already corrected as well as created a separate post on a 'section' issue. Others are part of add-on's that were not properly constructed for validation which isn't a 'new' issue, is it? So I have removed the duplicate login and HikaShop carts which removes those errors. None of these changes resolved the issue.

However, I would like to see the code you used to get it working for you. I hvae tried several CSS coding attempts and, for the life of me, I can't get it to respect the 'z-index'. I have the '#g-header' with a 'z-index:90;', the '.g-dropdown' with a 'z-index:100;' and the '#g-showcase' with a 'z-index:80;'.It looks right as the '#g-header' trumps '#g-showcase' and the '.g-dropdown' trumps the '#g-header' but it just doesn't work.

Thanks.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Luke Douglas.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Hi Luke

I'll give you the code but it won't help you. I developed it for Gantry 5 to force dropdowns so I could debug user's issues. Since it overrides the normal template you could never use it in production. I still feel this is a JS issue somewhere's.

Here's the code:
      li:nth-child(1) ul.g-dropdown.g-inactive {
          top: auto !important;
          opacity: 1 !important;
          visibility: visible !important;
          overflow: visible;
      }

Replace the variable (1) with the dropdown you want to examine. The Home menu item in this case is (1).
    • Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

• DanG,

I decided to not use your code as I only want to use something that was production. I removed all 'z-index' coding from my custom.scss file, uploaded and recompiled. The only z-indexes are the ones set by the Hydrogen stylesheets.

I duplicated the default Hydrogen template, assigned to 'font-sample' menu link (not to be used on live site) and I then put 'spacers' in all of the areas except the body content area and the header to see if the drop-down's would work.

What totally shocked me is that the footer area is still being populated by the items setup for the default template even though I have removed everything from the blocks and replaced with spacers. Am I mistaken to believe that if I removed a block and replace it with a spacer (basically I don't want that 'inherited' block to display), that there should be 'nothing' in that block except for the spacer when I view it?

https://divorcetoolbox.net/index.php/blog/font-sample

Here is a screenshot of the menu-assignment:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Here is a screenshot of the footer blocks:

FYI, the drop-down menu is still not working.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• This still seems to be an issue:
      #g-header .g-main-nav .g-dropdown, .g-main-nav .g-standard .g-dropdown .g-dropdown {
          overflow: hidden;
          position: absolute;
          top: auto;
          visibility: hidden;
      }

The "visibility: hidden" is still active from https://divorcetoolbox.net/templates/g5_hydrogen/custom/css-compiled/custom_9.css?57ae8e3a

Are you in Production mode? It's a little easier to debug in Development as in Production all your code is consolidated into one line making it hard to read.
    • Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

• Dan,

I found this very late last night. When I saw what I had done, I almost went to the kitchen to get a butcher knife and slit my wrists....well, maybe not that bad! :) I have no clue what I was thinking but this is a site I have spent way too much time on and worked very long as well as late hours so I will chalk this one up to being mentally tired! Probably need to set my phone to ring an alarm every two hours to kick start me on taking a break! LOL
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Luke Douglas wrote:
      Probably need to set my phone to ring an alarm every two hours to kick start me on taking a break! LOL

Dear Luke

All I can say to you is:

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds