Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 4 positions... but not all of them

• Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

Gantry 4 positions... but not all of them

Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    • Hi there,

I want to convert my Gantry 4 template to a fresh new Gantry 5. Great. So I go to the layout manager and click load and do the whole gantry 4 thing.

Great so now things mainly work. BUT... the template requires me to have some certain positions to make things work. Now that means I need a couple of the old names back.

How do I acheive this? It's really just drawer and top that exist and I don't need, and I need Overlay instead to make Isotopes menu work.

Is it possible? Even if I have to edit some files?
    • Just a lonely web designer trying to make his way
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Gantry 4 positions... but not all of them

• I mean.... what exactly are you trying to achieve?

Postions in G4 do not equal Section in G5... so it seems to me all you need to do is add a new Grid or 2 into an existing Section and load it up with Module Position Particles that match your missing position names...

You can add new Sections via YAML but it doesn't seem to me like that's needed...
    • Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Well I was just considering using the Isotope menu which used the "overlay" position/section. Not sure the correct terminology but I assume it works because of the position, perhaps I'm wrong.
    • Just a lonely web designer trying to make his way
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• It works because the SCSS/CSS and JS targets the position... you could alter those files to target any position you wanted really or yes, you could create a new Overlay Section in whatever Gantry 5 theme you're using.

Layouts are defined by Layout Presets... you could copy the one from Isotope, or just the Overlay Section from Isotope (found in both Home - Positions and Home - Particles) -- renaming a section "Overlay" would also work

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/advanced/creating-layout-presets
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds