Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Please Make Gantry 5 Awesome (because it's not, yet)

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Please Make Gantry 5 Awesome (because it's not, yet)

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • I continue to use Joomla for my clients... it will be around a long time yet. But I am also using GRAV for some client now too. It's just something you need to be aware of.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Please Make Gantry 5 Awesome (because it's not, yet)

• Around for the next 10 years?? I am petrified of migration issues. And built on granty does not make it easier. How do you migrate sites or how do others migrate a joomla + gantry site to wordpress for example? Is there a simple way to do it?
    • Michelle
      http://www.artifectcreative.co
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Who knows... 10 years is an awfully long time in the IT world. Even windows OS's, mobile phones, MAC OS, don't last that long!

All I can tell you is we're still supporting Reaction Gantry 4 Joomla template which was released in 2009!

I am not aware of any migration tool to move from Joomla to Wordpress. You would need to startover really.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    • Dear all

I come back to this point, more than 2 year old from now

We accept that particles cannot be edited from the frontend and we absolutely do intend to do something about this in the future, it is on our development list and is a much requested feature.

Do you have some news about frontend edition of particles to make Gantry 5 awesome?

Thanks for your support

Take care

Bertrand
    • www.en-toutes-lettres.fr
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I am afraid frontend editing of particles is still not possible and I think it's very unlikely that this will ever be added now.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by MrT.

• Thanks Mark

was my feeling due to time, very bad news

I remember changelog for version Gantry 5.2.2 (was on my topic more than 4 years ago)
      Disable frontend editing for Gantry particle module, fixes 404 error

So for our customer, particle management can only be done with module manager in back (not easy to sell, especially to some guy who are afraid of informatic)
      I have aloso tried to make admin quick link to some layout in specific outline like Home Page, but token issue too

take care

Bertrand
    • www.en-toutes-lettres.fr

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds