• SOLVED-blank screen in layout

Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    • Greetings...

I get a blank screen on layout.

process:
      components>gantry5 themes (or default does the same thing)>
      choose the preset of Hydro v5.4.26>
      hit layout>
      blank screen without the layout panel with colored bar at top.

Got to have something not right but not seeing it.

Any suggestions appreciated folks...

Using: Mac OS 10.12
    • Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Ben Harrion.
  • Re: blank screen in layout

• OK, looks like the problem resolved itself. It didn't look like it was doing anything but the login page is now open. Maybe Akeeba was doing something in bg....?

• Maybe i found a bug...what I found was that if I select in the address bar, jump to the end and hit enter the layout panel appears...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: blank screen in layout

• Please note that by answering your own post you take yourself out of the MODS "unanswered posts" queue and therefore might have to wait longer for a response - it's better to edit your original post so this does not happen.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Give me exact steps to recreate the issue.

Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Hi Mr. T,

www.myartmagnets.com

After a long time away, now working thru the site with Hydrogen. As I mentioned, I get a blank layout screen (encl) when I do any of these steps to get to the layout panel:

from extensions
      >templates
      >Hydrogen
      >preset (2)
      blank layout panel comes up
      >refresh
      then it comes up.

Same thing happens from components and control panel

At any rate sounds like a machine problem on my end...?

Thx, cheers...
    • Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by MrT. Reason: move login to secure tab
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I am still a bit confused about what you are doing to get this (a video would be useful) - everything seems to work for me but...

... Your "hydro" theme actually seems to be our "Hydrogen" theme originally and it states v5.3.7 as the version which is eons out of date as the current version of Hydrogen Template is v5.4.26 (which is the same as the Gantry 5 Framework version you are using). So probably that old version of Hydrogen template will have major issues as it's not compatible with G5.4.26 framework.

I note also That you have Versla template installed and that is way out of date too.

I spent ages navigating through all the templates in Gantry 5 admin and they all work perfectly for me.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thanks Mark,

I just returned to Gantry to try out building the site with it. Wanted to drop Versla for the time being. I will update everything and go from there...cheers
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok please let us know the outcome.

If your issue is now solved, please EDIT your FIRST POST in this thread by adding [SOLVED] at the start of the title and then select the TICK icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

If you can't edit the first post this will be because it is more than 7 days old, so please reply stating that the topic can be closed and a moderator will do this for you.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds