Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

503 Error and high server loads

• Re: 503 Error and high server loads

Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    • Hello Matias,

We'll discuss with the server manager to test openbase_dir and realpatch cache and will let you know If it change anything.

Regarding the "Production Mode", here is the current status in our Template Panel:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

It seems It shows production mode? But I think It's buggy as you said It is recompiling SCSS and twig files alltime. Is there any way to force the gantry work in production mode?

Currently, We're using a server with 17 core for PHP! but again on the rush hours (700-600 active users in Google Analytics) our server load will be high and website will be slow and get 503.

Of course, when there is no high traffic, the server doesn't bother to handle very long lasting processes but our website should be optimized to be ok in rush hours.

I think Lstat is not caused the issue and just adding to the problem. The main problem is something in Gantry cause the processes takes much longer and many of them doesn't kill by itself! Any idea?

Also, How can we recognize the deadlock is happening or there is lock somewhere? Is there any way to know It's happening? Or happening at all?

Thanks.
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

Re: 503 Error and high server loads

• Can you email me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so I can send you a debugging tool?

You should install it and change the plugin to be shown for admin users only. After that just visit the frontend and log in to see a debugbar on the bottom of the screen.

What I'm interested in there is the first Messages tab and Timeline tab. Drag the debugbar edge to make it to fit all the entries (if possible) and take a screenshot of both of the tabs.
    • Gantry 5, enjoy!

• Sure, I've sent you an email.

Also, Would you please let us know regarding the production mode? We set correctly to production mode? Is there any bug here?

Thanks.
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

• I've replied. I think the production mode is all good, though the debug information should tell more if there's an issue. I'll be waiting for your screenshots. :)
    • Gantry 5, enjoy!

• Any update Matias? We really need to solve this problem.
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

• Sorry, the JavaScript was corruped (cut off) by the minimizer you're using in your site and it was pain to make anything out of it.

Most of the time is spent on Joomla modules:
      position-5802: 763ms
      position-8207: 578ms
      position-3770: 572ms
      position-7786: 205ms
      menu: 139ms
      position-8330: 29ms

Total time spent in rendering output: 2.33 seconds.

So slowest 4 module positions take 2.11 seconds to run, which leaves 0.22 seconds for rendering everything else in your page, including all the time spent in Gantry.

Unfortunately there's no way me to know which modules are slow, you need to enable debug mode or look into admin to see what's going on there.
    • Gantry 5, enjoy!

• Hello Matias,

Whenever I enable the Joomla Debug, I get this error from Gantry:

Twig_Error_Runtime
      An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("Unable to write in the cache directory (/home/shahrsak/public_html/fa/cache/gantry5/g5_hydrogen/twig/b9).").

I think It happened after I installed and unistalled gantry debugger.

What's the problem?

Thanks.
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

• Make sure that the cache directory can be written by the server.
    • Gantry 5, enjoy!

Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    • The cache directory and all of its sub directories toward the b9 folder permission level is 755. Is it right?
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    • It's likely the user and group which are wrong. You could just try to clear cache or delete the contents in the folder, sometimes it works. But php can only write to the files if they are owned by the same user as in which Apache is running.
    • Gantry 5, enjoy!

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds