Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry Outline title, Joomla Style name mismatch

• Gantry Outline title, Joomla Style name mismatch

Posted 5 years 1 day ago
    • In case this is helpful for this topic, we're running:

Gantry 5.4.28
      Joomla 3.9.5

When I duplicate a Gantry Outline and enter Some Fancy Title in the Title text box and click Confirm, a new Outline is created with the name {RT Theme Name} - Some Fancy Title and in the Joomla Styles list (Extensions > Templates > Styles), I see a new style, {RT Theme Name} - {RT Theme Name} - Some Fancy Title. In these examples, {RT Theme Name} is the name of the RocketTheme theme associated with the Outline/Style. After duplicating an Outline, I can edit the Outline and change the name, removing the {RT Theme Name} - portion and saving. The Outline name will now appear as desired in the Gantry backend, but appears as {RT Theme Name} - Some Fancy Title in the Joomla Styles list. We do have a few Outlines that appear with the same title/name in the Joomla Styles list (and without preceding theme name). I'm not sure whether those were created differently...
      Two questions:
      1. Is there a Gantry configuration/option to not prepend {RT Theme Name} - when duplicating an Outline?
      2. Is there a way to have Gantry Outline names and associated Joomla Style names match consistently?

I don't find it helpful to have the theme name appear in the Joomla Styles list, since that information is apparent from the Template column.

Thanks in advance!
    • Politicians should dress like NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: Gantry Outline title, Joomla Style name mismatch

Posted 5 years 1 day ago
  • Re: Gantry Outline title, Joomla Style name mismatch

Posted 5 years 1 day ago
    • Thank you, Damir. I guessed that behavior of Gantry was baked-in (not readily user-configurable). Though it would be nice to have that changed, I can live with renaming outlines. But I would really like to see the outline name and associated style name, match.
    • Politicians should dress like NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: Gantry Outline title, Joomla Style name mismatch

Posted 5 years 1 day ago

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds