Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Update Hydrogen duplicate of the original template

• Libelnet
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Update Hydrogen duplicate of the original template

Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    • Hello,

Our Gantry 5 + hydrogen theme does not work with PHP 7.4. We are trying to update the template, but 5 years ago we've created a duplicate of the original template. So we are using Hydrogen version 5.1.4. Is there a way to update the template to the latest version without breaking it?

See screenshot in the attachment.

Kind regards, Libelnet
    • Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Libelnet.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Update Hydrogen duplicate of the original template

• It depends what you did - did you create any overrides in your renamed template? Did you change any of the original template files (which you should not)?

I'd always recommend that you don't create duplicate/renamed versions of the template for this very reason - it makes it much harder to update.

I'd suggest creating a cloned version of your site elsewhere (using Akeeba backup and Akeeba kickstart) and then changing your site to use the original (but updated) "helium" template (rather than your renamed copy).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Libelnet
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• We duplicated the template only to rename the template to our customer.

What should I fix when I change back tho the normal 'hydrogen' theme?
      This is our backup website; demo.libelnet.eu/dvdakwerken/ (lost all css etc)
      This is the live website; dvdakwerken.nl/
    • Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Libelnet.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Just change the default template back to "hydrogen" rather than your renamed version. Then continue to use the "hydrogen" named template. Of course if you also have any other outlines in your renamed version you will need to create those and assign them to the relevant pages (menu items) too.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Libelnet

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds