Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry Error Page vs Joomla Redirect Component

• Mike Morris
    • Born; not yet dead.

Gantry Error Page vs Joomla Redirect Component

Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    • I have Joomla Redirect module enabled & configured, having just moved our site to the Photon Rocket theme from a very old pure html site. I need about 100 redirects to accomodate existing bookmarks, external links to our site, etc.

However, the defined Redirects are not working - instead I get a 404 error, displayed by the Gantry (Photon Theme) Error page.

I expected to be redirected to a valid page as defined in the Redirects Component if a redirect existed and only see the Error page if there was no redirect. Does the Error Page take precedence over the Joomla Redirect??? If so, is there any way to reverse this precedence?

Ultimately, I'm asking the best way to get Redirects working In Joomla 3.9 & Gantry 5, while hopefully - but optionally - still having the Gantry Error page when an incoming URL has no defined page and no defined redirect.

Thanks in advance,

MikeM
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry Error Page vs Joomla Redirect Component

Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    • Did you rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess in your joomla root? Did you then enable "url rewriting" in joomla global configuration? Joomla's redirect component is not great so you might consider using something like sh404sef instead.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds