Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Changing Logo Gantry 5

• Changing Logo Gantry 5

Posted 1 year 3 months ago
    • I cannot change the logo on Gantry 5 Helium template. I insert the image in the default particle logo/image, but dont works. The same if I try in base outline. The logo Helium dont change. Joomla 4.2.6 and Gantry 5.5.15. Gantry documentation do not help. How can I do? Best.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Changing Logo Gantry 5

• Good to see you are still persevering with Gantry 5 after saying yesterday that you were giving up. Believe me it's well worth the effort. I will explain how this works.

1. "particle defaults" tab of the base outline is just that... if you were to create a new instance of that type of particle then these are the values that will be used. Similarly if you have not actually added a value in a field in a particle instance then that particle will use these values. To a large degree you can really ignore this tab, it had it's uses previously but in most cases now you would fill out all the fields in a particle instance anyway.

2. The base outline > layout is where you normally add "common" parts of your page to the layout. Such things as logo, navigation, copyright, footer, etc. However, none of this will be used directly - the base outline layout itself is never used directly...

3. On other outline layouts you usually tell the sections to INHERIT the settings from the base outline layout. So, again that would normally be the common part of your layout. So, for example, the navigation section on the layout of the "default" outline should be told to inherit it's settings from the base outline navigation section. By doing this you then just maintain the "common" parts of your site once on the base outline layout.

Ok, so where are you going wrong then?

As I said, forget particle defaults. Change the value for your logo on the base outline > layout in the logo particle settings. Now go to your other outline (e.g. default outline) and ensure that either the navigation section (which includes the logo particle) is being inherited from the base outline layout. Then do the same for you other outlines too. My guess would be that you changed the value on particle defaults and also on base outline layout but that your other outlines are not inheriting this section (they're just doing them again from scratch).

If your need me to look, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Changing Logo Gantry 5

• Ok, I don't like to give in easily :)
      I analyzed the flow and fixed the problem by putting my logo in Particle Defaults.
      I insist that Gantry 5, compared to version 4, is problematic. It doesn't simplify, it overlaps Joomla in a not entirely clear way.
      But it remains better than many other frameworks.
      Excuse me for rushing another topic here: are the CSS classes "nomarginall, nopaddingall, etc..." still valid? All I need is a yes or a no.
      Best.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Changing Logo Gantry 5

• Yes, but use the block variations as they add the classes for you.

Regards, Mark
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds