Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Server max_children issues after switching to G5 Helium

• Server max_children issues after switching to G5 Helium

Posted 1 year 3 months ago
    • We recently switched several related sites to a customized Helum based template. On our busiest site we are running into a strange thing that we have not seen on the others. When under a higher load the server shuts down the site because the max_children limit has been reached. We own the server so we can adjust that limit, but we have steadily been raising it (now is up to 20 from the server default of 5) and today we had another outage for about 45 minutes when the max_children hit the limit again.

I have the template set to production and the site itself is running through cloudflare as well. On the old template we never ran into this max_children error and no other changes were made to the site during the switchover.

Any idea if this could be somehow related to G5 and Helium? Any idea what kinds of things I should check to see what might be going on?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Server max_children issues after switching to G5 Helium

Posted 1 year 3 months ago
    • 1. I wouldn’t use cloudflare as this is often the cause of issues and you really don’t need a CDN unless you are multi-0national needing to serve pages from local country based servers. Turn cloudflare off and clear its cache.
      2. Do you have to use FPM - can you not use fastCGI?
      3. I would suggest that a more “normal” default for this value would be 48

As this is a detailed technical question you may be better off asking in Gantry 5 GitHub chat. I don’t think I can really add any more to what I’ve already said.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds