Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 Showing As Potential Issue for Joomla 4

• Gantry 5 Showing As Potential Issue for Joomla 4

Posted 10 months 3 weeks ago
    • Due to some family deaths & medical issues with others, I've been very behind in getting my site up to Joomla 4 as family always comes first. As such I'm finally getting around to it. Gantry 5 is showing as a potential issue (see screenshot).

I was 1 update behind, so I just updated that to 5.5.16...but it's still coming up as a potential issue.

While I know from what I've read just because it says it's a potential issue, it doesn't mean it won't allow the update...but does anyone know why it's showing?

My template is up to date which is Kraken 1.5...although it was last updated December of 2021 it does state that it is Joomla 4 Compliant.

I did try to update anyways, and it failed...sadly I forgot to turn on debug before doing that so all I got was a white screen stating Class "JRequest" not found. So I will try again after I get some answers here...but yes I know my screenshot shows HikaShop has potential issues. They have said in the past that those should not prevent the update last I checked with them...although that was right before I had to stop trying due to all of the family stuff going on.

My time is rather limited as we are still dealing with a lot of family stuff, although it's getting to be less and less thankfully. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would sincerely appreciate it.
    • New to RocketTheme & a novice at Joomla! but I'm definitely learning!!!
  • Re: Gantry 5 Showing As Potential Issue for Joomla 4

Posted 10 months 3 weeks ago
    • Ignore this post...I've got it working.

Posted 9 months 3 weeks ago
    • Hi, how did you fix it?

I have the same issue.

Cheers,

H

Posted 9 months 3 weeks ago
    • Well, even though it shows as a potential problem, I just went ahead & made sure I had the most recent version, and it still said it, so I went ahead and installed J4. It works...but there are problems with my site but I don't believe they are Gantry related

The JRequest issues were related to an older plugin that needed to be updated as well.
    • Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Derek King.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds