Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Google Part 2 - They still hate me!

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Google Part 2 - They still hate me!

Posted 18 years 1 month ago
    • Ok, First of thanks to all of those who gave their thoughts and opinions when my original plea went out a few months ago. After moving the domain to RocketTheme.com and revamping the website and updating the content according to several SEO reports, my ranking and search results vastly improved and I was hovering about 8 or 9 when searching for "joomla templates".

Now I continue to work towards improving my SEO at RocketTheme.com but for some weird reason, I continually seem to DROP down the results! It was gradual, slipping to 12 or 13 on page 2, then page 3, 4, now i'm middle of page 4 and seem likely to drop out of the top 50 completely! I simply don't get it! We have lots of traffic, I seem to have a lot of sites linking to me, content seems good, no big no-nos that I know of, yet RocketTheme.com is still sliding down!

I'm really really frustrated with Google at this point as there seem to be other sites, that have much less relevant information, less links, less traffic that are much higher than me. What is going on! help!!!!

Cheers,

Andy
    • duncani
    • Rocketeer

Re: Google Part 2 - They still hate me!

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• well, perhaps i'm in this 'sandtrap' thing. It sounds like the scenario i'm seeing but there is no mention of how long this lasts.
    • HNL
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hi Andy,

It is really sad as you are, minutes ago, just # 52 in the ranking.
      Of course you have your sponsored name up front,
      but still it is a damn nuisance!

Cheers, HansNL
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• andy
      you're not in the 'sandbox' with a page rank of 7. what google is going to want is a little more movemnet on the homepage. if you can keep that a little fresher then you will see your placement go up.
      i'll also send you another report later today
      cheers
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Well, perhaps its because I had the signup info on the homepage and that means it rarely changes. I've rearranged the site a bit so that there's a "latests templates" section on the homepage, this will allow me to keep the frontpage a bit 'fresher'. maybe this will help.. doubt it :(
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• it will ... but watch your word count ...
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• you are at the top of the page for your google ad rather than on the right which is good. i think you'll move up soon enough now
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
  • Re: Google Part 2 - They still hate me!

• There are also some things that are beyond your control. The age of the site is a factor (especially with comparatively smaller sites), so even when you get out of the sandbox it will take some time to rise in the rankings.

I've had a couple of sites with little more than a "Coming Soon" page which I haven't looked at in years, yet they are PR3s. On the other hand, a more recent site (about 6 months old) with more than 500 pages and that I update almost every other day, has only just got to a PR3 and only makes page one of the SERPS for very few specific phrases.

Don't beat yourself too much about it, continue with link building and the rest will fall into place naturally.

• I had PR5 on my site html/flash based. after I switched to mabo (even with last version of SEF installed) I had PR0 on all php pages.
      So I made a "intro" page in Html with a nice intro flash and now I'm on PR3 (for intro page) and PR0 for mambo site :(
      I also have sitemap.xsd on root, I've tried even to move it on mambo root but no better results... :(

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds