0 items Join Now

Need some help, RokCommon, RokGallery, RokSprocket

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Need some help, RokCommon, RokGallery, RokSprocket

Posted 11 years 11 months ago
    • Renata Moraes wrote:
      Suggestion: if you are working seriously and don't want waste time, don't install RokSprocket! Come back in ten months and try again, but not now.
      RokSprocket is a good extension. The issue we had is not everybody uses RokGallery and RokSprocket wasn't uninstalling RokGallery's version of RokCommon. RokSprocket couldn't work with the old version of RokCommon.
      This has been resolved with v1.3 of RokSprocket.Renata Moraes wrote:
      And please, be careful with this nice tools of update extensions that appear in Joomla 2.5, it's a dangerous temptation. Be alert! :)
      Good advice, let me back that up with this. Akeeba Backup has a System Restore plugin so that when you install by Joomla Updater or manually, it will make a backup of your site so in the event that the new extension ends up crashing your site.
    • Metaboy

Posted 11 years 7 months ago
    • Unistalling your Plugins couse a full Crash of the joomla 2.5 site
      Not that the Plugins not working
      Subscription run out and not one theme or Plugin is working as it should.
      Should i renew the club subscription ? to start debugging

RokCommon
      RokGallery not working no setup opens on a singel page 1.6
      RokSprocket not working no setup in admin 1.3

Plugins not get updated with the update funktion of 2.5
      Tmp-Url: cameraman.at.www270.your-server.de/

PHP 5
      Theme : Diametric 1.0
      Crashed on MAMP and Remote server
      Error Crash Log :
      Warning: fopen( /usr/www/users/camerae/logs/rokcommon.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/camerae/libraries/joomla/log/loggers/formattedtext.php on line 248

Warning: fputs() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /usr/www/users/camerae/libraries/joomla/log/loggers/formattedtext.php on line 254

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'LogException' in /usr/www/users/camerae/libraries/joomla/log/loggers/formattedtext.php:256 Stack trace: #0 /usr/www/users/camerae/libraries/joomla/log/loggers/formattedtext.php(137): JLoggerFormattedText->initFile() #1 /usr/www/users/camerae/libraries/joomla/log/log.php(382): JLoggerFormattedText->addEntry(Object(JLogEntry)) #2 /usr/www/users/camerae/libraries/joomla/log/log.php(171): JLog->addLogEntry(Object(JLogEntry)) #3 /usr/www/users/camerae/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Logger/Joomla17.php(91): JLog::add('Directory /usr/...', 32, 'RokCommon') #4 /usr/www/users/camerae/plugins/system/rokcommon/rokcommon.php(152): RokCommon_Logger_Joomla17->notice('Directory /usr/...') #5 /usr/www/users/camerae/plugins/system/rokcommon/rokcommon.php(133): plgSystemRokCommon->registerLibraries(Array) #6 /usr/www/users/camerae/plugins/system/rokcommon/rokcommon.php(78): plgSystemRokCommon->processRegisteredConfigs() #7 /usr/www/users/camerae/libraries/joomla/plugin/helper.php(194): plgSystemRokCommon->__ in /usr/www/users/camerae/libraries/joomla/log/loggers/formattedtext.php on line 256
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Posted 11 years 7 months ago
    • Hi MetaBoy
      Can you try this on your MAMP.
      1. Back up the DB
      2. Backup /media/rokgallery folder
      3. Uninstall RokGallery
      4. Uninstall RokSprocket
      5. Re-install RokGallery
      6. Re-install RokSprocket
  • Re: Need some help, RokCommon, RokGallery, RokSprocket

Posted 11 years 4 months ago
    • Renata Moraes wrote:
      DanG,

First anything it's not possible uninstall because the people not have access to the site, the site is broken.

The only way is following the Kat suggestion.

and... uninstall everything?! Come one! :)

Renata.

I'm having this same error after trying to update also..has anyone found a solution?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'RokCommon: Unable to find the RokCommon library at /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/libraries/rokcommon' in /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/plugins/system/rokcommon/rokcommon.php:110 Stack trace: #0 /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/plugins/system/rokcommon/rokcommon.php(57): plgSystemRokCommon->loadCommonLib() #1 /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/libraries/joomla/plugin/helper.php(194): plgSystemRokCommon->__construct(Object(JDispatcher), Array) #2 /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/libraries/joomla/plugin/helper.php(125): JPluginHelper::_import(Object(stdClass), true, NULL) #3 /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/libraries/joomla/application/application.php(229): JPluginHelper::importPlugin('system') #4 /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/includes/application.php(116): JApplication->initialise(Array) #5 /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/index.php(30): JSite->initialise() in /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/plugins/system/rokcommon/rokcommon.php on line 110

• DanG, Do you have any clue how I can "UNBREAK" my site after this has happen?

Mahalo,

Joe
      Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'RokCommon: Unable to find the RokCommon library at /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/libraries/rokcommon' in /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/plugins/system/rokcommon/rokcommon.php:110 Stack trace: #0 /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/plugins/system/rokcommon/rokcommon.php(57): plgSystemRokCommon->loadCommonLib() #1 /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/libraries/joomla/plugin/helper.php(194): plgSystemRokCommon->__construct(Object(JDispatcher), Array) #2 /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/libraries/joomla/plugin/helper.php(125): JPluginHelper::_import(Object(stdClass), true, NULL) #3 /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/libraries/joomla/application/application.php(229): JPluginHelper::importPlugin('system') #4 /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/includes/application.php(116): JApplication->initialise(Array) #5 /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/index.php(30): JSite->initialise() in /home/surfbig/public_html/surfkauaiisland-com/plugins/system/rokcommon/rokcommon.php on line 110
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Joseph L Moore wrote:
      DanG, Do you have any clue how I can "UNBREAK" my site after this has happen?

Mahalo,

Joe
      Can you check that your RokCommon plugin is Enabled.
      Also check the permissions on these folders:
      surfkauaiisland-com/libraries/rokcommon
      surfkauaiisland-com/plugins/system/rokcommon

and ensure they're set to 755.

Posted 10 years 7 months ago
    • I have done that and the minute I enable the rokcommon pluggin my screen goes completely blank - both frontend and backend.

Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    • Why is this still a problem 6 years later. I have an install that is only 6 months old and I still get this same error message when Joomla systme tries to update RokGallery and RokSprocket.

Error: RokSprocket needs at least RokCommon version 3.2.6. You currently have RokCommon version 3.2.5

Do I really have to uninstall? What a hassle!

Please advise if there is a fix for this.

Thanks
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer
    • krishan

Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    • Good advise. I tried this on my test site and it broke. After reinstall you loose everything. Will leave this for now.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds