Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

question about static content and frontpage items

question about static content and frontpage items

Posted 18 years 3 days ago
    • hi... i'm new...
      I don't understand where you place any content that is Static... I created a Static content "page" and was wondering if I could put it into one of the other pages or in one of the margins... I don't see how to make it "live" except by creating a menu link to it.... or the direct url.
      If someone wouldn't mind helping me understand that better I'd appreciate it.

Also... i've gone through some of the documentation and I'm getting a grasp on how all this is organized.
      I have a question about the frontpage though... I see how to take off the Date and Author text on the inside pages for example if it's a Blog content page... but the date and author are still showing up on the front page.... is there a way to take off that info so that the front page doesn't appear to look like the blog page.... I'm just wanting to know where to set that preference.

Please help if you can.
      thanks.
      -jeff
  • Re: question about static content and frontpage items

• If you want static content in a specific area, just create a new module (modules/site modules/new) and type your content in the custom output section.

When you create the menu link to the specific section you can override the global settings in the parameters for that menu.

Re: question about static content and frontpage items

• Thanks for the reply... That sounds like the way to do it.

I had another related question though...
      I've seen on some joomla sites a think in the margines that looks kind of like a single column blog output or basically like the Latest News module *except* it's showing the Intro Text as well... but it's over in the margin.

Maybe I overlooked it... but, I haven't seen how to do this.
      Either by putting a custom blog output over in the "left" or "right" Positions... or by some *extended* Latest News module?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!
      -Jeff
  • Re: question about static content and frontpage items

Posted 18 years 2 days ago
    • One way would be to use the latest news or news flash module. When you are typing content, the intro text will show up and the main text will be available when you click read more. If that's not what you are looking for, perhaps you could post a link to example.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds