Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Rejoin to download older themes?

• SOLVED Rejoin to download older themes?

Posted 9 years 9 months ago
    • What's the idea behind this? I purchased a subscription a while back for a specific template. Now I want to do some tinkering locally with another one, yet I can't access any templates that were in my subscription period... Kinda baffles me that I have to rejoin. I could've downloaded all the templates when I was still a member so what difference does it make?
    • Who?
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Joomla freelancer

Re: SOLVED Rejoin to download older themes?

• Subscription in the club entitles you to download any template you want during the subscription period. During that period we also give you access to the forums in which you can get support. When your subscription expires, you can't do that any more. This is a business model which almost all template clubs use. We also provide lifetime access to the template if you buy a single template subscription of your choice
    • Check my services at: Mihha-Vision
  • Re: SOLVED Rejoin to download older themes?

• No I understand that completely, but don't you think it kind of does not make sense? All the templates which were available during the subscription period could have been downloaded. It would make more sense to allow downloading of all the extensions and templates which were available during the period. But hey, don't let an engineer undermine a business model ;)
    • vicente

Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    • I tried the same problem, I signed in 2015 with 2 licenses. Today I search in my login area for these two licenses that I paid for them and can not find them. I feel very disappointed, because I paid something and I can not redo these 2 chosen templates.
    • Tim Millar
    • Rocketeer
    • Microsoft Certified System Engineer

• I totally agree with the above posts. We should be able to download the templates anytime we wish, just waive our rights for tech support after the 3 month or one year period.

• Downloading templates only when the membership is active has always been our policy (and the policy of every other template club that I am aware of). It is the main point of keeping your membership active.

Nevertheless, since 2014, we have provided the option to purchase a single template (or multiple templates) that provide lifetime access to that template's downloads and support (available for all our platforms).
    • Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org
    • CogsInc
    • Rocketeer

Posted 4 years 10 months ago
      Nevertheless, since 2014, we have provided the option to purchase a single template (or multiple templates) that provide lifetime access to that template's downloads and support (available for all our platforms).
      so...
      Developer subscriptions kinda get the shaft on that ...

basically I have a few templates that are still in use like chimera... and can't update them so Wordpress now shows errors for problems that were found...

example REST API Errors due to the theme.
      change to default 2019 theme and all works fine..
      switch back error shows backup in the health tests - means template has the issue...
      change PHP versions - same difference - currently on 1.3 version so pretty far back on Gantry 4.x support only.

but because I had a developer subscription on and off for years - I'm out of luck?

Sound about right?
      better off purchasing single templates for lifetime access to that template updates it sounds like.
    • Tim Millar
    • Rocketeer
    • Microsoft Certified System Engineer

• Totally agree. I had devlopers also but still couldnt get downloads or updates. We pay the most and got what again?

• 1 year of access to all of our templates which can be used on an unlimited amount of websites. That is what you got.

If you are a Joomla / WordPress user and don't want to renew your Developer membership, you can downgrade to Basic and receive any and all of your template / theme updates.

We are no longer actively supporting our Magento / phpBB themes. In this case, it is best to purchase from a different company that is providing continued support and updates for those platforms.
    • Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org
    • CogsInc
    • Rocketeer

• then as alluded to above

It probably isn't a value proposition some of us care to continue.

... that is what you got.

Thanks for the response, makes that choice much easier to make.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds