Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Display Articles Title In <h1> Tag

• kriru
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: Display Articles Title In <h1> Tag

Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    • Step:-1 I have Copy From this location public_html/plugins/system/gantry/overrides/3.3/2.5/com_content (Compress Zip folder for com_content) check - screencast.com/t/oaYRfNKca

Step:-2 I want to Paste From this location public_html/templates/rt_acacia/html/joomla/3.3(Extract zip folder) check - screencast.com/t/YbOLuNlt

Step:-3 But No Display for articles title in <h1> Tag check - screencast.com/t/MreyZ0JdZej

Check - www.test.guru99.com/what-is-sap.html
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You still haven't followed by instructions. The folder I told you to copy from have several overrides (for archive, articles, categories, etc etc). You need to copy whichever ones you need to the location I gave you... You have only copied one "archive" (which you don't need). Once you have copied them over then you need to edit the h2 in the html to h1.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • kriru
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi

Step:-1 I have Copy from this locations public_html/plugins/system/gantry/overrides/3.3/2.5/com_content and
      Copy from this folder(articles,categories,category,featured,form) check – screencast.com/t/hWiVGJau

Step:-2 I have paste from this locations
      public_html/templates/rt_acacia/html/joomla/3.3/com_content and Upload for zip file (articles,categories,category,featured,form) for all file Extract check - screencast.com/t/XGESyUJua

Step:-3 Edit file <h2> Tag to convert in <h1> Tag for (default.php , blog.php, blog_item.php , default.php).

Step:-4 Title display for <h1>Tag are working for all articles.

Please Review for My Step is correct?

My site url :- www.test1.guru99.com/software-testing.html
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes - it seems to be working now?

Don't forget now that every time joomla, gantry or template change then you will need to make sure the overrides that you created are still valid. I'm still surprised that you needed to override all of those and I still believe it's the wrong thing to be doing for SEO reasons but if you're happy now then I'm happy :)

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • kriru
    • Hero Rocketeer

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• that CSS is to change h2 tag not h1 tag?

Regards, Mark.
    • hpaumit
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    • I am happy that I came across this post which enabled me to learn exactly where (and how) to access the Rockettheme/Joomla H1 tag. Nut I have a new dilemma. If you are creating webpages by placing them in a category that adds them to a category listing ( www.cftech.com/information-resources ), then that webpage does not have a menu item profile to go back and add additional customization (unless I've missed a step in setting this up). In any case, what would be the work-around to add an H1 tag to the webpage that you create? My template is Requiem.

Thanks in advance!

Paul
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please don't post in dormant topics that are over three years old or we might miss your post altogether. It's always better to create a new topic of your own.

You can just put your own h1 tag in a customhtml module or particle and put that on the layout of your outline anywhere that you want to.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: hpaumit

• hpaumit
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Oh yeah! great tip! So I imagine the page Title in the main content area should be made invisible. Or should it be left out altogether?

Sorry about the dormant post reply. Won't do it again beyond this post.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Just leave it out from the menu item.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: hpaumit

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds