Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Override Menu Navigation for WCAG Keyboard Accessible

• Override Menu Navigation for WCAG Keyboard Accessible

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • I would like to create a menu override to make the sub menu items keyboard accessible. Currently, if you use the Tab key to navigate the menu items, only if you use the mouse and put the cursor in the sub menu item area does it display the drop down and you can navigate the sub menu items.

What files/directories do I copy into the template html directory? What event/code do I add so that there is focus on the sub menu items and you don't need to use the mouse to display it?

We need to make our site keyboard accessible so any menu override information would be helpful.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Override Menu Navigation for WCAG Keyboard Accessible

Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    • You can see here that we've already made substantial changes to Gantry 5 to make it WCAG compliant. https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+accessibility .

If you believe other things can be changed then please be very specific about what change is required and log a ticket against the Gantry 5 project in Github (on above link). Our developers will review the ticket and respond to you there. This is not really an RT template issue, rather it's Gantry 5 core which is an open source project.

Please ask your question in github as that's a question that our Gantry 5 developers would need to answer.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Override Menu Navigation for WCAG Keyboard Accessible

Posted 4 years 2 days ago
    • Almost three years have passed.
      Will menu navigation using TAB be finally implemented?
      Customers require this, therefore I am forced to use competition templates.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Override Menu Navigation for WCAG Keyboard Accessible

Posted 4 years 2 days ago
    • As it hasn't happened by now, and the ticket is still open, I guess the answer is most likely "no".

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds