Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Xenon theme an d IE problemes with FLEXSLIDER PARTICLE - TESTIMONIAL LAYOUT

• Goebel

Xenon theme an d IE problemes with FLEXSLIDER PARTICLE - TESTIMONIAL LAYOUT

Posted 6 years 2 weeks ago
    • Hi,

I successfully use a flexslider particle with testimonial layout on a website with xenon theme. It works perfectly except with the latest IE browser on Windows 10. Chrome, FF, Opera and Edge work correctly.
      My problem is that the image is not automaticaly shrinked when the width of the browser (only IE) changes.

You can test it yourself on the page : www.charpente-goebel.lu/de on the first page in the section 'STELLENANGEBOTE !'
      If you open the page in IE and decreade the width of the browser, you can see that the image is not shrinked and is partialy put behind the text. In Chrome or FF the image is shrinked and is shows correctly.

I use the latest version of the theme

Regards

Georges
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Xenon theme an d IE problemes with FLEXSLIDER PARTICLE - TESTIMONIAL LAYOUT

• IE11 only has limited support for Flexbox, which Flexslider uses:

caniuse.com/#search=flexbox
    • The following users have thanked you: Goebel

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Goebel

• Hi,

Thanks for you feedback. So the only work around I see right now is to reduce the image size but I will lose visibility with a smaller image. Or do you see another solution where I can keep the size of the image without messing up the site representation in IE ?

Regards

Georges
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.

Most people don't resize their browser once it's open and currently only 2.1% of people globally are using IE11

www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_explorer.asp

If we all designed websites for IE the web would be a very boring place :)

I don't have any solutions off the top of my head. You could use a different slider/carousel if it presents an issue for you or your client.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds