RocketTheme Update 03.26.2018

• Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

RocketTheme Update 03.26.2018

Posted 6 years 2 days ago
    • Hello Everyone!

Denali Release

We're in the process of releasing Denali for Joomla, WordPress, and Grav. So far, the Joomla ( link ) and WordPress ( link ) versions have been released and Grav should be coming early this week. Jakub is our primary developer for the WordPress and Grav ports of a template, and is diligently working on the conversion as we speak.

Documentation for Joomla is out, and I'm in the process of writing the version for WordPress and expect that to be available today or tomorrow.

Our Next Theme

As for the rest of the development team, a new design has been approved as of this morning. That means we're already beginning the development phase of the next template. This is a bit faster than usual as we started the design process before Denali was finished. It's our hope that this will help shorten our turnaround time for new themes moving forward.

The new design is beautiful. I'm not just saying that because I work here. I'm outright impressed with it.

We don't and have never done previews, but like we've done with the last couple templates, I'll offer some insight into our ideas going into it.

We took the approach of a more playful look for Spring, combined with elements that e-commerce and style magazines would love. We wanted to take a fresh approach to typography and color, and the design reflects that focus. It looks nothing like any of the themes we've released for Gantry 5, which hits on a lot of the recent customer feedback.

This is about as detailed as I can get. As always, we don't offer ETAs or visual previews, and anything is subject to change as development continues.

Joomla 4

Joomla 4 is still in development, and we're examining a couple possible routes to take to ensure that the transition between 3 and 4 is as easy as possible. There are several key challenges before us, one of which being a total lack of backwards compatibility between 3 and 4, and we're exploring solutions presently.

Right now, we don't have anything new to announce, but we want to ensure you that we are in the process of working to make sure our customers can continue to use their favorite themes for years to come.

I want to emphasize that this is our primary priority right now outside of new template development. This comes before any other new project or potential new product category.

I'll have another update on this subject in the near future. This will likely be in the form of a blog post, but we'll link it in this forum.

Existing Theme Updates

Just this morning, we've released updates for Salient, Requiem, Sienna, and Citadel for Joomla, WordPress, and Grav. We're working on updates for a lot of themes, many of which are the result of customer feedback and suggestions.
    • Last Edit: 6 years 2 days ago by Ryan M Pierson.
    • The following users have thanked you: Joe Halleck, Kat05, djSoft, R2ba5Aq4, Bay Area Jenn

• Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
  • Re: RocketTheme Update 03.26.2018

Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    • Is there a new RocketTheme Update to share with community?
    • The following users have thanked you: djSoft

• Hugo Avila
      Paginas Web
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

Re: RocketTheme Update 03.26.2018

• Since the last one? We're putting the new theme in sandbox phase during this next week. This is where the demo content and testing starts really taking hold.

This new theme includes some new particles we haven't used before, so that's pretty cool. We're also getting closer to being able to announce something pretty neat. I'm sorry to say I can't do more than tease that right now, but I am hoping to share another update post when we have something to announce.

Thanks!

• djSoft
    • Rocketeer

• Hello Ryan,
      just to ask you, if we are near the new template release.

Thanks for your support and help.

Antonio
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• Sandbox / testing is happening imminantly. Release depends on what our mods and dev team find during testing. This is typically the fastest of the three development stages (design / development / sandbox). I'm writing the text that goes into our demo's front page this weekend.

This is not like any theme we've released in the past year+. It's a really cool look, with a couple brand new particles. It'll be worth the wait!
    • The following users have thanked you: Empowermom, ssfence1, djSoft

• aleksej
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Good afternoon. Guys, well, at least show the picture. even preliminary. No strength to wait))
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• We have never in almost 15 years shared an image preview of an upcoming theme. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it's just not something we do.

This happens for a couple reasons:

If there is anything in our original design that doesn't end up in the initial release - even the most minor of differences... folks will find it and it will become the only topic of discussion from that point forward. Changes can and have happened throughout the development process. Even up to the last minute before release.

Sharing our designs before they become a product gives folks the opportunity to immitate it and jump the gun on us. This is the same reason Apple doesn't share its concept designs before a final product has started being manufactured in its factories.
    • The following users have thanked you: ssfence1

• aleksej
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• three weeks of tests(( this is very very long and sad(((
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• aleksej wrote:
      three weeks of tests(( this is very very long and sad(((

I'm terribly sorry you feel that way. We are in the midst of a holiday weekend right now, a big sale, and we released Myriad on Gantry 5 just a couple days ago.

We're working on the new theme, and it's going to come out very soon. There's nothing sad about this theme at all. It's very different from what we've released in recent history.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds