Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Denali Carousel image dimensions

• Jeff S
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • MAD Media Production

Denali Carousel image dimensions

Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    • I am having an issue with the front page carousel particle for denali. When I use images that are larger than the default images in the template, my carousel is all messed up, in that the images load full size. What I want to do, is use the same image for the carousel and the lightcase link, having the carousel image croped/resized to fit within the carousel optimum dimensions, and clicking would show the larger image.

I have tried using css styling to set the max img height and width, and then using object-fit: cover; to try and contain the images to specific dimensions so they show in the carousel as all the same size, but it's not working.

Any ideas other than having to resize/crop all my images ahead of time would be appreciated.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Jeff S.
    • Jeff
      Maximum-Aperture.ca
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Denali Carousel image dimensions

• Please do not post extensions/template specific questions in the "General Discussion" forum. You should post in the extension forum or template forum as appropriate. Most of these forums are for members who have a current PAID membership. Our priority is always to assist paying members.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your subscription appears to have expired. Support does require a current subscription.

The easiest solution it to resize your images to match that of the demo 905px x 934px

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Jeff S
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • MAD Media Production

• Hi Mark,

thanks for the answer, but I think having to have a paid subscription to receive support for a product that I essentially paid for through my subscription is ridiculous. I can understand having to have a paid subscription to receive premium template updates, but support through the forums???

I've been a member for a number of years now, and love your gantry templates, but because I may not be able to renew my club membership I lose support through your forums? That's just not right... Forums are supposed to be community based, allowing any user to help other users. Now, if support was a ticket based system that gave quick, dedicated support, then I could see that requiring a paid subscription, but not forum support...

Just my opinion
    • Jeff
      Maximum-Aperture.ca
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Thanks for your opinion, but we’ve always required a subscription for support, subscriptions are what pay for the support staff to answer the questions and the development staff to update products and fix bugs. If you want lifetime subscription of a single product you can purchase a single template subscription.

But note that I did answer you question anyway.

Regards, Mark
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Jeff S
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • MAD Media Production

Re: "Forum" Support needs to change...

• Hi Mark,

I appreciate "you answering" my question, and I also appreciate that RocketTheme needs to make money as a business... but with all due respect, community forums are supposed to be community driven, not limited to "paid subscribers" - I may not be a huge contributor, but I have posted many topics in answer to other peoples questions with results that I have implemented and have worked, and I like to reference back to those topics when I am working on a new site and want to implement those modifications that have worked on the new site.

Perfect example of that, I am implementing RokSprocket on a new project and I wanted to reference a post I made some time ago about linking the image to a lightbox popup, but alas, I couldn't access my post because I haven't renewed my subscription, even though RokSproket is a free extension... so, even support for free extensions is limited to

Make paid "premium" support a ticket based system like so many other companies do, and make your support forums open to the registered (not paid, but registered) users of RocketTheme - RocketTheme staff can always say in the support forum request to "submit a support ticket" for paid support, leaving the base of community members to potentially answer the question. Obviously, paid members submitting a premium support ticket would get premium service, and support forum requests - well, could take months for someone to reply... but the main thing is, that answer is there for every "registered" user to see.

I mostly build websites in my spare time as a small part-time side business. I only have a handfull of clients, and don't make a lot of money. So, I don't always have $99 USD to buy a 1 year subscription to the template club to get "paid support" for the rare questions that I might have. But I also post topics relevant to certain themplates that I have worked with and come up with solutions for things I was trying to do.

I am sure that other users have also posted in the forums answering other users questions, and that information SHOULD be available to all users, not just "paid subscribers". RocketTheme is "locking out" posts by other users accessible only to paid members, and I don't think this is right. Even doing a google search for "lightbox popup on roksprocket link" takes me to a rockettheme forum page that tells me "403 Forbidden You do not have permissions to access this page." - so disappointing...

I have loved RocketTheme templates for a long time now, I use them in almost all of my new sites, and have recommended them to many of my clients... I understand that everything is going to subscription based services, but, I am losing faith in how so many companies are more in it for money, and less in it for their customers satisfaction. RocketTheme can still make money from subscription based "premium" support tickets along with the template clubs, while still allowing for non-paid members to recieve some support from other users...

Anyone else feel this way, or just my opinion?
    • Jeff
      Maximum-Aperture.ca
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I've passed your comments on - I have nothing more to add I'm afraid.

Regards, Mark.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• You can definitely post in the general/free forums and other users are certainly welcome to respond and answer. Please understand though that access to the template support forums, and the host of solutions they contain going back many many years, is part of a paid subscription and it is those forums where moderator support is provided. In that, it's still the best template support out there. I would seriously challenge you to point to a more robust and responsive moderator team and community among any of our competitors. I'm not naming names but good luck getting a response within a week from many of them. We respond to users within hours or minutes of posting in most all cases, and even here, on the free forum side, Mark answered your question very quickly.

We do have an incident based Premier Support option, it's linked at the bottom. Our forums do have a side where anyone can post without a subscription; you're here now, and you got your issue resolved quickly. We also have the best documentation game in town where things like RokSprocket Overrides and Lightcase are documented in a way that lets anyone submit changes/suggestions and so it is ever improving.

Our templates are based on an open-source free framework that's taken tens of thousands of hours of development, documentation, and support. As you note, our Joomla and Wordpress extensions are all free as well. Neither of these points is true among our competitors.

It's great when other users do help one another, but 99% of the time it's a moderator responding.

If you've love"ed" or continue to "love" RocketTheme I hope you consider supporting it. There's coupons and sales on almost every major holiday.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Jeff S
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • MAD Media Production

• Matt wrote:
      You can definitely post in the general/free forums and other users are certainly welcome to respond and answer. Please understand though that access to the template support forums, and the host of solutions they contain going back many many years, is part of a paid subscription and it is those forums where moderator support is provided. In that, it's still the best template support out there. I would seriously challenge you to point to a more robust and responsive moderator team and community among any of our competitors. I'm not naming names but good luck getting a response within a week from many of them. We respond to users within hours or minutes of posting in most all cases, and even here, on the free forum side, Mark answered your question very quickly.

We do have an incident based Premier Support option, it's linked at the bottom. Our forums do have a side where anyone can post without a subscription; you're here now, and you got your issue resolved quickly. We also have the best documentation game in town where things like RokSprocket Overrides and Lightcase are documented in a way that lets anyone submit changes/suggestions and so it is ever improving.
      Hi Matt, first of all, thank you for your reply. The documentation that I found is great for general users trying to figure out how to set things up, but for more advanced designers like myself, the documentation can be somewhat vague and doesn't cover all aspects of the product. For example, the link you provided regarding Lightcase doesn't tell you how to change various settings of lightcase, like image popup size, it only tells you how to add a link that uses lightcase - again, documentation is very vague.

That being said, how can I add changes to the documentation that would include what I did to change lightcase image popup size, or other modifications, like modifying roksprocket to open lightcase images?

Take a look at my Maximum Aperture web site and you will see a very customized Denali template I have been developing over the last couple of weeks.

Also, I posted an issue with Gantry doc page not working and it still isn't fixed: www.rockettheme.com/forum/general-discus...ror-unexpected-token - and you even replied to that post.
      Matt wrote:
      Our templates are based on an open-source free framework that's taken tens of thousands of hours of development, documentation, and support. As you note, our Joomla and Wordpress extensions are all free as well. Neither of these points is true among our competitors.

It's great when other users do help one another, but 99% of the time it's a moderator responding.

If you've love"ed" or continue to "love" RocketTheme I hope you consider supporting it. There's coupons and sales on almost every major holiday.
      I do LOVE RocketTheme templates and extensions, and I have been a paid member for around 4 years, supporting RocketTheme as much as I can. As I said, I don't make a lot of money from my webdesign, and can't always afford the subscription, even with the discounts and sales. Part of my complaint is that I can't even access my posts that I had made in the past as a paid subscriber. I think that you should at least be able to have "read only" access to posts that were made by yourself (meaning me or other users for that matter)... Oh, and when I posted a template related question in here, Mark told me I had to post in the template specific forum (although he did somewhat answer my question) which I couldn't because I haven't been able to renew my subscription...
    • Jeff
      Maximum-Aperture.ca
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Jeff S wrote:
      For example, the link you provided regarding Lightcase doesn't tell you how to change various settings of lightcase, like image popup size, it only tells you how to add a link that uses lightcase - again, documentation is very vague.

If you go to the Lightcase Atom on your Page Settings tab (or if you Google "lightcase") you'll see this link: cornel.bopp-art.com/lightcase/ -- I'll update our Docs to include that

github.com/gantry/docs/pull/175/commits/...9e4aaef8d17f542227ae
      Jeff S wrote:
      That being said, how can I add changes to the documentation that would include what I did to change lightcase image popup size, or other modifications, like modifying roksprocket to open lightcase images?

Edit link on the top right of the page... sometimes it's on the bottom right

Lightcase works almost exactly the same as RokBox did... you can turn any <a> tag into a popup... there's posts on the boards for modifying RS Layouts to use RokBox for sure... you just need to add data-rel="lightcase" to the <a> tag in the item.php file within the RS Layout you're concerned with, in most cases.
      Jeff S wrote:
      Also, I posted an issue with Gantry doc page not working and it still isn't fixed...

Yes it has, the link has been removed as there's no Fixed Header Atom in Denali, I was mistaken on that thread when I said there was.

All replies to any thread you've posted on would be emailed to you by default, provided you haven't disabled the notifications on your profile. So you should be able to search your email for past answers to your posts. We are limited to the core features in Kuena for our forums here; though we've certainly modified it as heavily as we can and even brought in the Kuena lead developer when we stood up the current version of RocketTheme.com several years back. I do not believe there is a way for us to allow Read Only access to just your own set of past topics once your subscription has expired, I do not believe Read Only access is even a thing in Kuena (aside from locking a post completely for all users), but I will inquire.

Mark is correct in that if you are requesting specific template related help on an issue, in this case Denali, that the post needs to be made in the corresponding Template Forum to which an active subscription is required to post. Template support, from moderators, is for active subscriptions only. However, since your subscription is not active, it's totally fine to post where you posted, I believe Mark was just trying to set expectations correctly.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds