Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Default text size in articles using RT & JCE editor

• SOLVED Default text size in articles using RT & JCE editor

Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    • Hi RT,

I trying to set the default text font size in articles. I use RT templates with the JCE editor. I've contacted JCE help and they suggest setting this in the RT template.

Currently, all newly typed text in JCE shows in 12pt and has to be manually changed to a high size font... every time???

Of course, I can give RT admin access if needed?

Thanks!
    • Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Clayton @ ShockoeStudios.com.
    • Web Design + Photo + Video = Websites That Work!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Default text size in articles using RT & JCE editor

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Default text size in articles using RT & JCE editor

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• 403 forbidden on your site - blocked by admin tools. Please remove geo-blocking or white list my IP.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Default text size in articles using RT & JCE editor

• So Sorry MrT,
      It's off now...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok so your editor is adding tons of inline css styling. You should not do this at all - leave the defaults to the template and then if you need to alter the templates default styling with CSS.

I removed all the span tags from the news articles and added one line of custom CSS to change the default paragraph text size. I used 0.9rem as it works better responsively than a fixed px value.

Our rokpad editor does not add any span tags itself. Similarly is you have previously used a different editor that did and span tags and subsequently changed to rokpad then it is not going to remove those erroreous span tags either (you need to manually remove them).

Personally, I don't like wysiwyg editors because they addd all this "junk" inline CSS. At least with rokpad you can see the code properly and know what is being added.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds