Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Where are the Joomla JAN2019 & FEB2019 Templates?

• Ulrike
    • Hero Rocketeer

Where are the Joomla JAN2019 & FEB2019 Templates?

Posted 5 years 2 weeks ago
    • Hi,

I only find a RT Joomla template called KOLETI which was released last year.

Where are the RT membership-templates for January 2019 and February 2019?

Thanks and regards
      U.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Where are the Joomla JAN2019 & FEB2019 Templates?

• As we announced quite sometime ago, we no longer release monthly templates. Instead we release templates more infrequently as we want to focus on quality rather than quantity. We are currently testing the next template release, but I can’t give an eta on release.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Ulrike
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks for your reply!

I did not hear that. Do I understand that correctly: customers are paying currently for a club membership with completely unsafe services in terms of providing a certain number of templates? The latter could theoretically even be 1/year?

Kind regards
      U.

P.S.:
      ... as we want to focus on quality rather than quantity.

So you mean that during the last years the focus was on quantity rather than quality?
    • Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Ulrike.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Customers pay their membership:

1. To have access to our extensive portfolio of templates.
      2. To obtain the latest versions of those template with bug fixes and to maintain compatibility with current Joomla versions and PHP versions (just look at our products update to see how often and how many updates we are releasing http://www.rockettheme.com/product-updates ) - this takes a huge amount of resource.
      3. To have access to the support forums and get the assistance of our moderation team with any issues you may in using RT products.
      4. To have access to new templates as and when we release them (which is less frequent than it was say 5 years ago). Our membership did request that rather than releasing lots of template that instead we concentrated on delivering high quality templates and more "niche" templates (specific to market sectors) where we can and this is what we have been doing for the last couple of years. So, yes our focus is on quality rather than quantity.
      5. To have access to older templates that have been converted to run on the Gantry 5 framework. We've been working hard on converting our Gantry 4 porfolio of templates to the Gantry 5 framework. This "conversion" is in fact a complete redevelopment of the original Gantry 4 template and is in reality a brand new template. We provide these new templates a no extra charge to those members that have a subscription that enables them to download the old Gantry 4 templates.

I would also point out that when we release a new template we do this for three CMSs (Joomla, Wordpress, and GRAV).

So, I can assure you that our development team is working extremely hard with the limited development resources that we have.

I hope the above answer your questions but if you do have more queries or would like to make a complaint then please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page and our support department will try to assist you further.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Ulrike
    • Hero Rocketeer

• MrT wrote:
      Customers pay their membership:

1. To have access to our extensive portfolio of templates.
      2. To obtain the latest versions of those template with bug fixes and to maintain compatibility with current Joomla versions and PHP versions (just look at our products update to see how often and how many updates we are releasing http://www.rockettheme.com/product-updates ) - this takes a huge amount of resource.
      3. To have access to the support forums and get the assistance of our moderation team with any issues you may in using RT products.
      4. To have access to new templates as and when we release them (which is less frequent than it was say 5 years ago). Our membership did request that rather than releasing lots of template that instead we concentrated on delivering high quality templates and more "niche" templates (specific to market sectors) where we can and this is what we have been doing for the last couple of years. So, yes our focus is on quality rather than quantity.
      5. To have access to older templates that have been converted to run on the Gantry 5 framework. We've been working hard on converting our Gantry 4 porfolio of templates to the Gantry 5 framework. This "conversion" is in fact a complete redevelopment of the original Gantry 4 template and is in reality a brand new template. We provide these new templates a no extra charge to those members that have a subscription that enables them to download the old Gantry 4 templates.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your extensive explanation, although I miss the answer to my question "So you mean that during the last years the focus on quality rather than quality?".
      I would also point out that when we release a new template we do this for three CMSs (Joomla, Wordpress, and GRAV).

Until now I thought that paying customers can only download the templates for which they have paid the Club membership, for example Joomla templates. Has this changed? If not, your argumentation is strange, because a client of course is interested in the template developments for the CMS he uses and not the other ones.
      So, I can assure you that our development team is working extremely hard with the limited development resources that we have.

I do not have the slightest doubt about that!

Thanks for your assistance and kind regards
      U.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes during recent years the focus has, and is, on quality rather than quantity.

Customers can only download the templates that their subscription permits. But, there are different types of subscription. Each subscription only applies to a specific CMS, but you can also purchase single "lifetime" subscriptions to a single template OR you can purchase a "club" membership which gives you access to all templates in that CMS subscription for the duration of the subscription.

The point I am making here is that we're not really doing less, rather we're doing more because we now develop templates for an additional CMS (GRAV) and we're doing template conversions from g4 to g5 (effectively new templates).

Regards, Mark.
    • Cpointcc
    • Elite Rocketeer

Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    • Hi Mark,

Regarding your excerpt below:
      MrT wrote:
      The point I am making here is that we're not really doing less, rather we're doing more because we now develop templates for an additional CMS (GRAV) and we're doing template conversions from g4 to g5 (effectively new templates).

Does this mean that the Gantry 4 templates are going to be upgraded to Gantry 5 without us having to completely revamp those websites?
    • Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by MrT. Reason: added quote block
  • Re: Where are the Joomla JAN2019 & FEB2019 Templates?

Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    • We've already completed several ports. Hadron, Anacron, Myriad, Chimera, Lexicon, and Vermilion are now all available on Gantry 5 for all 3 platforms (Grav, Joomla, WordPress).

We emphasize though that these are new templates entirely from the ones that exist for Gantry 4. It has the same design elements and much of the same features, but because it was rewritten from scratch to meet the requirements of Gantry 5, it will require some reconfiguration, readding of content from RokSprocket to Gantry 5 particles, and likely some development work (for any customizations) on the part of the developer to convert an existing site.
    • The following users have thanked you: Cpointcc

• Kind regards,
      Reggie

Learn to code for free.
      www.freecodecamp.org

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds