Koleti Latest News Photo Link

• Koleti Latest News Photo Link

Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    • Unsing:
      Koleti
      Latest News Particle
      Content Source Particle
      Particle Items Photo

How can I create a link from the photo itself rather than from a text Link Label?

The way this particle flows the photos as the window size changes is very nice but it would be practical to be able to link from the photos the way the Logo/Image particle does that. In other words link like Logo/Image but flow like Latest News.

Can this be done or is there a better way to do the same thing. I have tested each of the Koleti particles and don't find another option.

Thanks for any thoughts you may have.

Wally
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Koleti Latest News Photo Link

• You would need to create a particle override and alter the TWIG code to achieve that.

To learn how to override a particle in Gantry 5 please see our documentation here http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/overriding-particle-settings#overriding-particle-source-files .

This is considered as a customization request which falls way beyond the scope of this support forum. You can always try to post your request in our The Marketplace forum and get (paid) support from someone that is willing to do this.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Wally Turnbull

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Koleti Latest News Photo Link

• Thank you for your response which I do understand and will consider. I was hoping that there might be an easy fix.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Peace,
      Wally
  • Re: Koleti Latest News Photo Link

• How would I change the color of the link text that overlays the photo?

Thanks,
      Wally
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Koleti Latest News Photo Link

• When developing web sites it is useful to learn to use either, the Inspector in Firefox, Chrome Developer Tools in Chrome, or one of the other browser developer tools, they will save you hours on things like this and they're very easy to use.

Use this code...
      .g-latestnews .g-latestnews-grid .g-latestnews-grid-item .g-latestnews-grid-item-wrapper.g-latestnews-layout-photo .g-latestnews-grid-item-content a {
         color: red;
      }
      .g-latestnews .g-latestnews-grid .g-latestnews-grid-item .g-latestnews-grid-item-wrapper.g-latestnews-layout-photo .g-latestnews-grid-item-content .g-latestnews-grid-item-title {
         color: green;
      }
      .g-latestnews .g-latestnews-grid .g-latestnews-grid-item .g-latestnews-grid-item-wrapper.g-latestnews-layout-photo .g-latestnews-grid-item-content a:hover {
         color: green;
      }

To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds