Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How to create new Section Styles?

• How to create new Section Styles?

Posted 4 years 1 week ago
    • In Grav and Gantry 5, I added a Custom HTML particle to the Layout section of an Outline.

How do I assign either an existing Section Style to it, or create a new Section Style for it? I want it to have the same style as the "Showcase" particle, which appears at the top of the layout. Basically I want 2 Showcases.

Thanks!
    • Last Edit: 4 years 1 week ago by BIRS Webmaster.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: How to create new Section Styles?

Posted 4 years 1 week ago
    • First be aware that it's rare to need additional section for two reasons:

1. You can add other rows to a section by clicking on the "+" on the section.

2. Gantry 5 provided a whole raft of different layout presets that you can use (use the "LOAD" button top right of g5 admin > layout). Do heed any warning displayed when changing layout preset though as you can lose content.

But, if you really want to add other sections then you will need to create a new layout preset and create the SCSS to style it. [url]v[/url]. YAML is a sensitive markup language where indentation has meaning - so be very careful, you cannot use "tabs" in these files.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds