Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Rokcommon issues with PHP update

• Rokcommon issues with PHP update

Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    • Hi Guys,

I desparetly need your help. A client of mine has a old joomla website that with the PHP update no longer works. I needed to disable the rokcommon plugin just to get ito the joomla backend. But, no I nolonger able to update roksprocket and rokcommon plugins.

Can someone please help.

Regards,
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Rokcommon issues with PHP update

• Ideally you would downgrade php, do all the updates to latest versions and then update php again. If you can’t you will have to use phpmyadmin to disable the extensions in the extensions table.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Rokcommon issues with PHP update

• It gives me the following error

Warning: Attempt to modify property 'Array' of non-object in /usr/www/users/beyonaccax/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Registry.php on line 369
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• yep, it will if you've updated php and have not updated rokcommon, roksprocket, gantry and template to latest versions.

Regards, Mark
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• How do I go about updating them if the host is not willing to downgrade my PHP version?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I refer you to my first answer, phpmyadmin.

Regards, Mark

Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    • I updated the PHP version of my Joomla website and now I can't log in to the backend of the site. I get the errors shown below. What can I do?

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/gordonmu/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php on line 460

Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by "/home/gordonmu/public_html/libraries/rokcommon/RokCommon/Service/ContainerImpl.php" at line 460.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    • Downgrade PHP version again, then log in to admin and update rokcommon and roksprocket to latest versions. Also, check that everything else is up to date too. Then you can upgrade PHP version again. Ifyou can't downgrade PHP then you will need to use PHPmyadmin to disable rokcommon and roksprocket in the extensions table, then you will be able to log in to admin and do the updates.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds