Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

php update

• php update

Posted 2 years 7 months ago
    • Hello,
      I have websites in Joomla Templates Leviathan v1.0 and Ionosphere v1.9. Now the pages work on php 5.6.
      The pages have been neatly updated on Joomla 3.10.1. I need to raise my php to 7.2+.
      Please info what I need to do.
      Thank you for your help!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: php update

• You need to purchase a subscription that enables you to download the latest version of the template and then install that. Also, ensure that you are using the latest version of Gantry 4 too. Backup befor eyou do any updates.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: php update

• Thank you for your answer.
      Can you explain to me why I should install the new template. Problem is not in renewing the subscription, I have existing sites running on the old version of PHP 5.6. I want to improve these sites to work on PHP 7.2+. So I would like info on what I need to do to update existing sites to PHP 7.2+
      Regards!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: php update

• Sure. When PHP release new versions we have to create/modify our code to work with that version of PHP as they often deprecate PHP commands or change the syntax of existing commands. Therefore, we have to spend time and money doing this which we recover through current subscriptions. Your subscription expired in 2017 and so your template is many updated versions out of date and therefore incompatible with PHP 7.2.x - so it needs updating to the latest version. To be able to download the latest version you need a current subscription. You can either take up a lifetime (or the product) subscription for a single template (cheaper) or take up a club membership which enables you to download ALL the templates for your chosen CMS but only for a limited time period (this is the subscription type that you previously had).

Obviously, you may have to do the same approach for any third-party products that you have installed too - I can only speak about our products.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds