Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Impressed So Far

• Phil F
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Impressed So Far

Posted 2 years 4 months ago
    • My website has been templted with Oculus for many years now and was getting rather dated. Alos having to plan ahead to upgrade to Joomla 4 which I have been playing with on a dev server. I was running on Joomla 3.10 with Gantry 4 but wanted to see Gantry 5 in action. So, I installed Gantry 5.5.5, purchased Notio template and disabling Gantry 4. Gantry 5 initially looked like a major learning curve. Spending the last few days with it I am beginning to love it. I have only just got to grip with "Particles" but looks very flexible.

My questions is. can I now uninstall Gantry 4 and all the Rok add-ons. As the Joomla 4 pre-check does not like them as an earlier attempt to update Joomla trashed the website and had to reload a back-up and start again.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Impressed So Far

• Before you remove the "rok" extensions make sure that you've found an equivalent particle (or other third-party module) for them andd have that working on your site. Then you can first disable the rok extensions and make sure everything works first. Then you can move on to remove the "rok" extensions, the G4 template that you were using, and then remove g4.

Don't forget that there's no "upgrade" path from g4 to g5 to any "modules" that you had assigned to module positions will need to be checked to see that those module positions actually exist on the layout of your outline.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Phil F
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks for you advice Mark. This was the sequence I planned and was checking that nothing from G4 is now used G5. Obviously we had to keep RokNav for Oculus but Notio does not need it. Others like RokCandy, etc I never used. I did use Roksprocket very often but Gantry 5 has an excellent replacement. Getting used to the naming - particles.

One other thing. Tags in preset 6. Dark blue and text lights up on hover. How can this be reversed to make the text stand out prior to clicking. Cheers
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I don't know where you mean - but, yes, just use custom CSS.

To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds