Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Migrating a site from Joomla 3.10.3 to Joomla 4

• mjkahngr
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Migrating a site from Joomla 3.10.3 to Joomla 4

Posted 2 years 4 months ago
    • We have a site running Vermillion v 1.8 on Joomla 3.10.3.

We are looking at giving it a fresh look with Horizon which is only available in Joomla 4. Is it possible to install this template and just rearrange the home page, or am I looking at a total site rebuild? Our SEO Audit team tells me that its important to keep all of the paths to the articles intact, or else build redirects. I'd like to give the site a fresh look, but I don't want to do a ground up rebuild. I also don't want to build a site that is outdated from day one. The site has a lot of content and the menu hierarchy sometimes goes three or four levels deep.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
    • Mitch
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Migrating a site from Joomla 3.10.3 to Joomla 4

Posted 2 years 4 months ago
    • First of all Horizon is available for both J3.x and J4.

Next Vermilion is available in two versions one for G5 and one for G4 - which are you using?

Either way the move is substantial and does mean that you effectively have to redevelop your site.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds