Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Should I upgrade Gantry 5 Framework to 5.5.14 ?

• Should I upgrade Gantry 5 Framework to 5.5.14 ?

Posted 1 year 7 months ago
    • Hi,
  • Re: Should I upgrade Gantry 5 Framework to 5.5.14 ?

• also, will switching to PHP 7.4 and PHP 8.0 will screw up the website ?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Should I upgrade Gantry 5 Framework to 5.5.14 ?

• Please note that by answering your own post you take yourself out of the MODS "unanswered posts" queue and therefore might have to wait longer for a response - it's better to edit your original post so this does not happen.

It depends if you want the functionality of the new version and the security updates. But I would think, yes.

You will of course also need to update the template to latest version too.

You must update both if you wish to use PHP8 but do not go past PHP 8.0.x

Of course, always backup before you update anything.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Should I upgrade Gantry 5 Framework to 5.5.14 ?

• thanks, How to check what version am I running ? and how to update template ? I am using one of Wordpress themes.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Should I upgrade Gantry 5 Framework to 5.5.14 ?

• https://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/basics/updating-themes

At top of g5 admin it tells you the version of the template you are using.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds