Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Outline inheriting from... list of available outlines varies.

• Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Outline inheriting from... list of available outlines varies.

Posted 1 year 5 months ago
    • Hello,

In Flux 1.5, Gantry 5.5.15 and Joomla! 4.2.5 I have duplicated an outline for a new language. I would like each section to inherit from that language's base outline. After disabling inheritance in a layout section, I can then reactivate it and select the previously creatd base outline for the relevant languge - however it only works for the Navigation section. The other sections do not show that relevant base outline in the outline dropdown to choose from. Is it meant to work this way? Is there a workaround? Any advice would be welcome.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Outline inheriting from... list of available outlines varies.

Posted 1 year 5 months ago
    • "languages base outline"? These is only, and can only be, one base outline?

I don't really understand what you are asking so please give a specific example - Please do a screenshot of your problem and annotate to make it clear.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you

Please read this tutorial on multi-language set-up in Gantry 5 http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/multilingual-site

Regards, Mark.

p.s. you can't inherit something that is already being inherited if that is what you are asking?
    • Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 1 year 1 month ago
    • Hi,

Sorry for the very delayed reply, but other priorities prevailed. Basically I am trying to achieve the following:

For each language I want to create a Home page outline that inherits from that Language's Default outline, which in turn inherits from that language's base outline.

However, I noticed that when duplicating the base outline, the duplicate is not a base outline but a standard outline (i.e. it allows assignments). From this and from your previous reply I deduce that there can be only one base outline in an installation. By experimenting I have also discovered that there can only be one default outline, i.e. that it is not possible to duplicate the default outline to create a separate default outline for each language from which the home page outlines for each language inherit. In other words, I don’t see a way of achieving my objective as the outlines for all languages have to inherit from the built-in base or default outlines – or have I missed something?

Late addition: As per the PS in the previous reply "you can't inherit something that is already being inherited" I understand that in the above scheme the Home page outline would effectively inherit from the underlying Base outline for the respective language- IF a separate Base outline for each language can be created.

Late addition 2: Even when the check box "Inherit" in the dulication process is *not* checked, the duplicated outline still shows all sections as being inherited (e.g. from the base outline). I would expect that no inheritance occurs when that box is not checked...

Thanks and regards,

Carl

PS: this post came in pieces because I tried to copy and paste text that I had written in another editor and Sucuri blocked me (or my IP) because it thought that I was my making a SQL injection attempt! So, I had to retype the text manually in the forum.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Carl L..
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 1 year 1 month ago
    • the following?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds