Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Lazy load on scroll - Which template

• Lazy load on scroll - Which template

Posted 1 year 3 months ago
    • Morning all

I am looking for a Joomla4 Gantry5 club template that delays load of elements until on screen, lazy load? Where elements are not rendered and animated until on screen.

Can you recommend a few templates please?
    • Turning Ideas Into Reality Since 1995
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Lazy load on scroll - Which template

• It's not really a feature of any template. It also tends to mess up some particles as they "measure" items after they are rendered to arrange them so they do not overlap. If you use lazy load on them then they would have zero dimensions and the JS would measure them as such and therefore get the layout incorrect. Some particles do use this (can't remember which ones sorry).

If you are wanting to use lazy load then that implies to be that you have a lot of large size images on the page, which is a bad idea in any case. If you are doing it because of the page rendering pieces at a time then it's best to hide the whole page until it is completely downloaded and rendered - you can do that with this... https://rockettheme.com/forum/gantry5-for-joomla/274668-how-to-make-pages-fade-in-on-load-in-gantry-5 .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Lazy load on scroll - Which template

• Thanks Mark, that helps actually.

Page load isn't a huge issue for us as we serve from a dedicated server, quite a lot of sites serve in under 1 second but admitedly those are all hand coded.

I'll get back to the client on this requirement as they have a designer sending huge images, I mean in excess of 5 MB per image and they want lots of them on the site hence lazy load.

I'm estimatinga page load speed of 7-8 seconds and they think this is accetable. Erm, no.
  • Re: Lazy load on scroll - Which template

• I quite like this animation in Manticore's template:
      demo.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates/manticore/

The blocks moving around.

Is this a CSS suffix or some hand code injected into the module that creates this?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Lazy load on scroll - Which template

• It sounds like the images just need optimizing for web use. 5MB per image is way too big.

Yes that particle uses shuffle.js which is exactly why you can't use lazyload on that.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds