Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

PHP 8.0+ Compatibility

• PHP 8.0+ Compatibility

Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago
    • Hello,

I have numerous templates running Joomla 4 on PHP 8.0. Can anyone tell me if your templates are now compatible with 8.1+. Joomla is warning me PHP 8.0 will no longer be supported. One particular template I am working on is Akuatik.

Many thanks
      Danny
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: PHP 8.0+ Compatibility

Posted 7 months 2 weeks ago
    • Gantry 5 is fully functional with PHP 8.2. It will throw some deprecated messages about certain PHP functions but those are simply notices, not service impacting. You will want your error reporting in Joomla to be turned off or at low level.
    • Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: PHP 8.0+ Compatibility

Posted 7 months 1 week ago
    • Hello,

Thanks for that. I am testing some sites on my computer and one of my sites opens OK with PHP 8.2 but another site, I get a 500 error in the browser. I have double checked to see if it is all set up right with the database and it is. This site works with PHP 8.0.

I would be grateful if you could direct me to solve this

Many thanks
      Danny
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

Re: PHP 8.0+ Compatibility

• Hello Danny,

A 500 error usually indicates a server-side issue, which could be indeed related to various factors like PHP version compatibility, plugins, or even the templates you're using. To narrow down the cause, could you please provide more information about the specific templates and Gantry versions you are using on the sites you're testing?
    • karolorzel.com
  • Re: PHP 8.0+ Compatibility

• Hello

Thanks for replying. I am testing the following -

PHP 8.2
      Gantry (5.5.15)
      Isotope (v1.5.0)
      Error 500

I wish I could do PHP 8.1 because this is only available on my server and latest MAMP version only does PHP 8.2

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds