Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Intro text cleanup

• Intro text cleanup

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • Hi All, just a quick one that I dont seem to be able to find an answer for. When posting new content in my Category, I am asked to input a short amount of content for the Intro Text. I want this functionality as I will be using it to list my items, but I do not want the 'rate this article/written by/date/updated date etc in the contnet. I am able to stipulate not showing this in the Edit Content section of the Admin, but it is only being applied to the Main Content, not the Intro Text. I would like to apply it to both.

Anyone have any ideas, am I missing something?

DJ
    • Last Edit: 17 years 8 months ago by David Jardine.

Re: Intro text cleanup

• I apologize in advance if this is redundant or if I misunderstand your problem, however, if I understand your problem correctly then here is the answer.
      After clicking the New content button, look at the area to the right of the screen (see pic), choose the Parameters tab and voila, there 'ya go!

Cheers!
    • Last Edit: 17 years 8 months ago by .
  • Re: Intro text cleanup

• Hi Robert, thanks for the reply. I had a look at your image, and it is the same settings I am adjusting. I am attaching a pic to show what it looks like with my settings altered:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Here is what the teaser Intro Text looks like when it appears on my site:

As you can see, the User Rating, Author Credit, Date Created, and Last Updated are all showing. These are the sections I want to hide. When you see the full article you will see that these are hidden in the full article:

... which is great. But what I want is for the Tease Text or Intro Text to ALSO hide these elements. As it is it is showing them in the Intro text, but hiding them in the Article. I would ike them both to have these elements hidden, or even if possible, to swap them.

Is there a way to turn off the Intro Text Parameters? Or even to turn them off on the Intro text, but keep them on the Article?

Any suggestions GREATLY appreciated!

• Oops... heh heh... sorry David, it appears that I was wrong.

Try this my friend, open the Admin Control Panel and on the top horizontal menu click Site/ Global Configuration - once in the GC page, click the "Content" tab (see pic).

I truly hope that this helps, if not, fear not, we'll get it sorted out yet.

I am not a Joomla expert, still learning but willing to try and help where I can!

Cheers!
      Bob

• BINGO!!

That's it, thanks Robert! My page now displays the way I want it, nice one! AND if I want the extras to show on a particular full article, all I have to do is set those parameters as above, to Show instead of Hide and they show up just fine. Thanks!!!!

Just to fill in the details for othes who may read this:

Setting the changes I wanted in the Global Configuration as Rob suggested affects ALL intro text excerpts. So even the Blog entries, and article entries etc will all have those items removed when showing in Intro Text form.

To then SHOW those items, I set that manually per article/item when I create the actual Content item. But notice, this will only show up on the full article. The Intro Text will still have them hidden.

Thanks again Rob!

DJ

• Excellent David!

Good luck on your Joomla site(s) and of course if you should run into any snags the forums are a great resource.

May I suggest that you edit your orginal post and change the Message Icon from the "standard" icon
      to the "solved" icon
      . ;)

Cheers!

• You can also set the parameters for individual sections as well.

When you link a section from the main menu,

the parameters are there as well.

So you can set via.

Global
      Catagories/Sections
      Individual

• Awesome, thanks Dion! I wanted to be able to set it for say Articles, but not Tutorials, so that will work perfectly! Thanks again!

• Your welcome :P

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds