Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Secondary level "home pages"

• Secondary level "home pages"

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • Howdy, I asked this question in the Versatility II section, but I'm realizing now that it's not specific to that template, instead it's general to Joomla and RocketTheme.

I'm building a site for a book publisher and in the Authors (1st level) section the four main authors each get their own (2nd level) home page, complete with dedicated and frequently updated content (ex: contact, appearances, blog, links to other writers... etc.). I'd like each author to have their own home page, but only have it populated by articles and content from each writer's own category or section.

Is RocketTheme (with Supersucker navigation) incapable of nested home pages? I don't think so, but I might be trying to build something too complex and just can't see how to make the Blog page work within this structure to create these nested sub-sites.

Any advice (or pointers to where I can find these answers) is welcome. Thanks!

Michael
    • Last Edit: 17 years 8 months ago by Michael Hilliard.
  • Re: Secondary level "home pages"

• Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

Re: Secondary level "home pages"

• Hi Michael,

If your hosting allows, you can set up 4 seperate sub-domains. For example:

www.sub-domain.domain.com

Domain = publishers main homepage. (with the main MySQL database)

Sub-domain = one for each of the 4 authors and if your hosting allows, you should set up seperate My SQL databases for each of the 4 authors.

Joomla can be installed on each sub-domain, as if it were it's own seperate website.

Hope that helps.

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds