Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Ampersands

• zigzag
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Ampersands

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Hi,

Whenever I try to validate my site I get errors with the ampersands in the urls
      ..nce.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=4&Itemid=28">Living

An entity reference was found in the document, but there is no reference by that name defined. Often this is caused by misspelling the reference name, unencoded ampersands, or by leaving off the trailing semicolon (; ). The most common cause of this error is unencoded ampersands in URLs as described by the WDG in "Ampersands in URLs".

For me Joomla only seems to render some of the ampersands like it has in the code above, when I check on the template demo site the ampersands get rendered fine, is it a server setting and how can I fix it?
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Ampersands

• you should use & instead of just &
    • zigzag
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Ampersands

• Hi,
      I add & but it's the actual links generated by Joomla that fail the validation, e.g. this is the source code generated by the front page component - I have it set to show section & category with both 'Linkable'.
      <a href="http://www.me.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=4&Itemid=28">Living in Guides</a> -                     </span>

It puts the amp;'s at the end of the link but not in this part "content&task=section&id" ???

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds