Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

What editor works on the mac?

• What editor works on the mac?

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • Hi

I´ve got a client that needs to work from an mac, but the editor is not working.
      What editor or what browser should he use?

Best regards

Martin

Re: What editor works on the mac?

• Hi

MosCE 1.0.3 final works well with Firefox 1.0.7 (but not with the new Firefox 1.5).

I never got successful with any free editor and Safari, however, I didn't try any of the commercially available editors.

Hope this helps
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• i'm sure andy when he comes on will be able to give you an answer but i dont even use mac but prefer to create content externally then copy and paste into joomla ... it's an option
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
  • Re: What editor works on the mac?

• Don´t you loose the purpose if you have to write text in a other program or editor and the paste into jomla?

Just my thought?
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• yes you do but it's just a personal preference thing. rather than working on a web based editor i find it quicker my way ..
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Personally I don't use any wysiwyg editors in Joomla. I don't think it detracts from the convenience as I find wysiwyg editors very inconvenient because they change my code and strip tags i want to use. My preferred technique is to install Textile mambots, and enter text in a textarea use Textile markup for most standard html stuff, and actual html code where I need flexibility.

• I agree, all the wysiwyg editors I've tried break my code (especially PayPal buttons and anything with forms).

Even the "HTML" view button (where you would make code changes) strips anything it doesn't understand when you confirm it.

The only way to get consistancy in the wysiwyg editors is to use insane amounts of frames and avoid "Paragraph" formatting at all costs (use only shift+enter to be sure).
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Just to point out, this is not a mac specific issue, it's for all wysiwyg's on all platforms.
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

• In FF1.5 on mac I have yet to get any editor to work! I have begun to not use one at all. It actually is a lot nicer.
    • www.bentonhighschool.com/

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds