Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Mailing Lists

Mailing Lists

Posted 18 years 2 months ago
    • Hi

I am looking for a mailing list component for Joomla. I wish to have a simple box on the front page of the website for vistors to enter their email address and a subit / subscribe button, is there anything of this nature for Joomla?

Regards

Andrew
    • Zorro
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Mailing Lists

• I know of three relatively mature newsletter solutions for Joomla but haven't used them myself. If you search for "ANJEL" , "LETTERMAN" or "YANC" you'll find them.

Kind regards,
      Zorro
    • Stew Thompson
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • School Teacher

• I have used both Letterman and Yanc. Both are good. Letterman is very simple if you just want to send out simple newsletters. Yanc is very complex and somewhat difficult to learn how to operate and and quit a few component, modules, and mambots to install. But if you want a powerful newsletter component, yanc is the one for you. I have yanc installed on my site if you want to cheeck it out. It is on the front page.

www.bentonhighschool.com/
    • www.bentonhighschool.com/
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

• if you want specifically to work in joomla then you've got your options.

i use php list which is seperate and very good
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
  • Re: Mailing Lists

• PHPList - very powerful. However, it's independant of Joomla. This can be good/bad. I prefer to keep it separate to limit hanging your site.

tincan.co.uk/phplist

I tried YaNC, but with a list of over 1k users, the entire joomla site seemed to hang until the email went out. Have to say, didn't trouble shoot it too much and jumped back to PHP List outside of Joomla/Mambo. It takes a little bit of work to get user emails over from Joomla, but it's much more powerful than anything I've tried as mod/comp in Joomla.

JMHO...
    • www.thescoopgroop.com

• Well, I downloaded and installed ANJEL before I received all of the other responses. It would seem that ANJEL is what I was looking for, but I am not 100% sure how to send a mail out to all those who have subscribed, all I need to do is to send out mail shots now and again about sites updates. Any tips?

YANC looks very good too, and also very appropriate.

AS for the PHP stuff, erhh, I think its a bit beyond me!

Thanks all of you for all your help once again!

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds