Walking Guides Site - Vermillion Template

• PeteH
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Walking Guides Site - Vermillion Template

Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    • Hi there,

Just to share.. built on Vermillion template and responsive with J!3.3

Website URL: www.ramblingroger.com

Additional Extensions: B2J Contact, RT Roksprocket, RT RokGallery, Akeeba Admin Tools/Backup, Joomball Cookies, SP Weather

Custom Development: n/a

Other Features: n/a

Any comments much appreciated !

Also, many thanks to all RT mods who helped out with any questions that I had.. great support as always.. thx guys :)

Cheers
      PeteH :)
    • Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by PeteH.
  • Re: Walking Guides Site - Vermillion Template

• Very impressive Pete! I consider myself quite astute at identifying Joomla & WordPress sites but this one is not obvious at all!! It looks like a very nice custom made site. You've done an excellent job integrating the RT extensions and leveraging the power of the template!
    • The following users have thanked you: PeteH

• PeteH
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Walking Guides Site - Vermillion Template

• Thx very much Tim.. appreciate the complement :)

The client already had a site that was outdated + non responsive and he wanted to retain the feel of his old site, whilst bringing it into touch with latest web trends etc. After testing out a few templates, I thought that Vermillion was perfect for the job - with a few tweaks here and there to bring it into line with what the client wanted.

One thing though worthy of mention - the Roksprocket and RokGallery extensions are just fantastic - and surprising that RT make them available for free. All the other extensions used are available for free also.

I also forgot to add that I'm using the RokBooster plugin - since enabling that, this site on GT metrics is now showing acceptable load times, with PageSpeed and YSlow grades around 88% - 91%.

Thx again :)

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds